RUMOR about how the game played out

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerFan23, Jan 13, 2012.

1. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

Apologies if this has been discussed already, but just got this via email. Bottomline up front, I know this may be a stretch, but nonetheless it's interesting and explains a lot, actually. Plus this is a message board and all, so...

Who really knows and we probably never will, but this causes me to question the character and loyalty of both players and coaches. The team did not gel AT ALL during this game and Miles all game didn't seem to care how e team was playing. Very unfortunate if this is true.

2. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

this is a net bomb

sounds like something made up to explain what we saw

I am sure Bobby would be talking this up on WWL if true

3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

This just sounds like more conspiracy drivel. If you're asking me to believe that the team truly had a mutiny over the QB, why would they choose to do that just hours before the biggest game of the year?

Ever hear of cutting off your nose to spite your face?

And JL? When the players walked from the bus to the stadium before the Arkansas game, he walked off to the side with his head down--totally away from the team. He kept himself totally away from the team during the game. And on camera, it looked like he did much of the same in the SECCG.

Something rotten has gone on, perhaps, but that seems ludicrous on many levels--and the "look for another job" from Miles doesn't seem at all the way he's handled his staff in the past, does it?

4. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

In the waning moments of the third quarter as the Tigers' offense sputtered, a TV camera fixated on Lee as he stood on the sideline, helmet on, the senior waiting for a chance to get in his final game at LSU.
    Moments later, after the Tigers' 21-0 loss to Alabama at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, Lee walked off the field alone, his helmet still on and tears in his eyes.
    Lee didn't play a snap in the game despite an inept offense that didn't venture into Alabama territory until the fourth quarter.

5. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

hardly anyone thought JL was the best way to beat bama before the game.

if this happened at halftime it would make a lot more sense.

we beat bama because of jj in spite of lee the first time.

the part i believe is the jarrett lee checked out part. he stopped going to class after how he was treated by miles around the last bama game. or so he thought.

les didnt take this too kindly and spited the team monday by refusing to put him in the game which at the very least, cost us a chance at a national title.

both are at fault but for the coach to not do everything within his power to win a game, especially of this magnitude, is inexcusable.

les still has to answer that one. for himself.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It makes no sense at all. They had a month to take issue if it was something that had to be done. It also makes no sense at all for the O-line to throw the national championship game to spite Les.

We are going to be hearing a lot of rumors unless Miles steps up and explains why his team was unprepared for the game and his coaches failed to make adjustments.

8. ASD

ASD ASD

Lots of holes in that story. LOTS. I'm sure there is a story and we will hear it one day soon but that doesn't seem like it

9. SonnyLoco

SonnyLoco Founding Member

Somebody please get this JUNK outta here! We lost a friggin game. Case closed.

10. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

I think the most glaring hole is that damn near no one thought Lee would give LSU the best chance to win until about halftime. Also, they had 37 days to iron out any "mutiny over the QB" The one part I can't understand is why we made 0 adjustments as the game wore on and why we were running the ball(with the same 2 or 3 plays) in the 4th, down 2 or 3 scores. A fullback dive to our FB at 4th and 3 in the 4th, down 12 or15-0? It is kinda like LSU was replaced by aliens or robots, but that theory is just too much....unless the aliens came from the future?