(Rumor) Major Applewhite

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by KTeamLSU, Jan 15, 2005.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

He was rumored to have been joining LSU this offseason had Saban stayed, from what I had heard round the campfire...But, I agree...I played AAU b-ball with him for two years or so, and I got the impression that he was not an LSU fan...

BTW-We PUNKED HIM OUT at DSHS during my freshman year...He got his shot blocked so badly that it pounded back down onto the court, and then rebounded into the stands...

His father pushed him VERY hard from a young age to become a good athlete....

2. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

He would have had a chance to semi-reunite with Brian West, who leveled him a couple of times in the playoffs.

3. tigerlaw

tigerlaw Founding Member

That was an amazing Catholic High team. It included Travis Minor.

4. Abuapu

Abuapu Founding Member

If Applewhite was such a big Bama fan, why didn't he go to Bama? And where is he from originally?

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

He is from Baton Rouge and played at Catholic High.

6. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

If I'm not mistaken, that ws a helluva WM team as well. Along with Brian were former Tigers Bradie James and Jason Ledoux as well as Rodney Reed.

7. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Wonder why the hatred for LSU then??? :confused:

8. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Hell, I hated Shaun Alexander, Takeo Spikes, Jabar Gaffney, and Quincy Carter, and now look forward to watching 'em every weekend. OK OK OK, I admit, I still don't like Q.Carter, but I think it's because he sucks now and was so good as a freshman. Makes us look bad for getting worked by him before!!

9. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

im not sure about where he is originally from, but when he moved to BTR (around '92), he had just been living in north carolina. but he is definitely not from BTR.

i think he didnt go to bama b/c it didnt fit his situation right or something like that...as in either they weren't doing quite as well, or the QB situation didnt suit his liking. he surprised everybody by announcing that he was going to UT b/c A&M appeared to be the front runner, and everybody swore that's where he was going. he was really big on RC slocum, i believe.

10. philter

philter Founding Member

Brown bought him a Mercedes?