(Rumor) Major Applewhite

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by KTeamLSU, Jan 15, 2005.

1. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

interestingly enough, he was not mac brown's recruit. major has largely insinuated that as the reason brown benched him for simms.

if my memory serves me, major's dad, larry, attended alabama. i think that maybe he's originally from there, as well.

2. Thibodaux Tiger

Thibodaux Tiger Professional Lurker

Major Lee Applewhite was born 7/26/78 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

3. DaNutria

DaNutria Founding Member

Does anyone else remember when we recruited Applewhite? He made his official visit during the LSU/Alabama game. I can not remember all of the details, but either when Alabama came onto the field or when Bama scored he was seen on the sidelines jumping up and down and cheering for them.:angryfire

He comes from a big Bama family and is is named after Major Ogilvie (Bama RB from late 70's). I think his Dad used to be president of the Bama Alumni Assoc.

As far as I'm concerned we do not need him and he can rot in Alabama or Texas. :thumb: :geauxtigs

4. amedee83

amedee83 Founding Member

5. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

If the other post about Applewhite being born in '78 is true, I wonder how he was named after a running back from the early '80's? I know you can wait a little bit on the birth certificate, but 2+ years!?! Guess they just called him "Hey you" for a while. :rofl:

6. DaNutria

DaNutria Founding Member

Mistake on my part, he played in the late 70's. I was a young Nutria back then. I like the "Hey You" line :lol:

7. BigJ31

BigJ31 Founding Member

That helluva Catholic team still couldn't win state...What an over rated program.