Rumors from Longhorn football recruiting...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by houtiger, Mar 26, 2006.

1. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

An alum at work tells me that Mack Brown, who has always been Mr. February, has used his national championship to good advantage and gotten a huge jump on the 2007 class. A knock opposing coaches have used on Mack has been "he can't win the big one", but that is no longer applicable, with the Rose Bowl win over Michigan, getting by Ohio St. and Ok. last season, and the win over USC.

My bud tells me the verbal commits are flowing in, about 15 so far, and nothing but pure quality. He said 5 of the top 6 O-linemen in the state are verbal commits, as is the top linebacker and tight end, plus a couple top running backs.

Mack is making hay out of the national championship.

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Not suprising...

3. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Not at all. After all, he SHOULD be getting a high number of "verbals". They can have 25 at this point for all I care because after you get 25 signatures, you can't bring in any more...so it's NOT like Texas can sign an infinate amount of players.

4. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Texas has always signed great classes.. without another Vince Young they will go back to being #2 in the big 12...

5. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Agreed. It is the quality that counts, and what this guy is saying is the quality is outstanding, better than Tx. has been able to do even in recent years. I also have a friend who is an Aggie alum, and they are moaning about the Longhorns success, even at this early stage.

6. maduka

maduka Founding Member

He's definitely cleaning up. He needs to squeeze as much out of this NC as he can.

7. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

I would be shocked if he wasn't making hay from a NC!

8. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Even though Texas's recruiting has always been some of the best in the country - this could still have rather large effects. Players like Adrian Peterson went to Oklahoma because of Texas's inability to "win the big one".

9. BostonBengal

Well...as history has shown, Aggies tend to moan about everything Texas does...

10. BostonBengal

Ironic, isn't it? Considering that OU is currently the team that can't win the big one...