Rumors of Brady to the big 12

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mrgreen21, Mar 16, 2006.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Hellooooo??? (tap tap tap) Hellllloooooo???:lol:

2. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

Come on man don't ignore me please I want you to reply. We are friends. I wouldn't ignore you like that. How about we call a truce old man. I wont make fun of you anymore. If I hurt your feelings then IM sorry. I forget that you are a fragile flower. I bet deep down you are a cool old man w/hipatitis. I wont be able to sleep knowing that you are mad at me. I will do bad things to people if you don't come back. I need you old man you are like an old doorman that has been working the door of my building for 60 years. My day just wont be right if you don't greet me in the morning. You know what think about it stay away tonight and come back fresh tomorrow. Go take a hot monkey bath you will feel better I guarantee it.

3. TigrinumMajor

TigrinumMajor Founding Member

I have my own forum, thank you very much. I enjoy coming over here for the different opinions and the humor (of which you provide none.) I also visit woopig and crimsontusks. I am not kissing any body part of any Tiger fan here (you seem to be obsessed with such things.)

I pay just as much jack as you do to post here. Oh, wait, you don't pay jack. So you have no right to tell me to do anything.

Carry on. I know you will.

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Exactly!

Joe Dean only DREAMED of having the over-all athletic success that LSU has seen under Skip.

5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I'd go ahead and pull the trigger on Brady... I mean in signing him on longer. Nice win last night; something to be proud of.

:geauxtige

6. kcal

kcal Founding Member

7. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

One win does not a great coach make. This program is in very very good shape. Let me repeat... This program is in very very good shape. I would think that at halftime of the Tennessee game, we would have made CLM Coach of the year. At the end of the game, we were ready to send him to the chopping block.. These are the same boneheads that were putting up the FIRE BRADY Threads at the end of the first half of last nights game. I guess we are not too demanding fans...

The facts are that he has produced in the shadow of death.... This team is about to make a great run at a NC after winning the SEC Regular Season Championship. I cannot wait to hear the whining when he does and leaves to a package that he deserves to get.. words like lack of loyalty, traitor, never liked LSU, he couldn't coach... etc... so on and so forth.... Bottom line, he has had to endure a miriad of circumstances to get us where we are today. Things like a decrepid facility, no marketing, program that was 1 bullet shy of the death penalty, an athletic director that can't spell basketball, and a fan base that will only support a winner. Bottom line, our coach is a winner, a tenatious one at that... and some of our fans and administration have grossly failed to recognize it.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You are correct, of course, but Brady is only one loss away from being vilified by the haters. Hell, they were starting to crawl out at halftime last night, only to slink back under the woodwork after the brilliant 2nd half based largely on coaching adjustments. He will never be accepted by some. The hatred runs too deep. Even an NC wouldn't help because in the long run, he'd have to do it again and again. Notice how most of their posts now start with "I never was a big Brady fan, but...".

9. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

I call those fans "conditional fans"... they know who they are and will always be that way... they are full of prepositions in every statement they make... but.. if... etc and so on.

Objective fans such as myself are loyal to the end LSU fans. There are no conditions to make me that way. I am however objective and realistic.

10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Of course you are right, because Brady won one game doesn't justify a nice juicy raise. I am tough on coaches, to the extent that when they don't produce I throw in my 2 cents. I don't feel it is something I should appologize for, wanting to see my team compete at a high level isn't something I feel I should keep hush hush. Having a lame offense all last season up to the Chick-fila-my-pocket bowl is not ok. I never said FIRE MILES NOW! But that I care how we play is not... bad. I give a damn.

Brady had an excellent season, but if our team didn't show up last night I would have little remorse in saying, "This is unacceptable." Brady has struggled in post-season more often than not, it is a legitimate beef. Now that our team has posted a solid win, I think it makes winning the SEC regular season more meaningful. I think we can credit Brady for an excellent job over the past few years now that we've gotten an elusive tournament win. We could still stink up the floor in later rounds, and I'd be upset at that, but it won't wash away the worth of the season as much as losing that opening round game would have.

Brady has done a nice job at LSU and I hope to see him return and build a legacy here at LSU. Before last night I could not say that, and I think even Brady himself felt he needed to prove himself in the tournament (resting TT in the SEC tourney, commenting last year how the loss to UAB was unacceptable). If Brady moves on, I don't think I could blame him; he has had it rough here, no doubt. But before last night, it would have been a tough call if he'd have asked for a raise or contract extension.

That you were satisfied with Brady before last night, satisfied with embarassing losses in the tourney, either speaks to your patience, your lower expectations, or to your indifference. I love LSU as much as the next Tiger fan, and I try to be as rational as possible when discussing faults or strengths in our program, but I don't see why I shouldn't express concern when I have concern.