Rumors of Brady to the big 12

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mrgreen21, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

agree with all your points... and they are objective... i do however feel that based on his performance for the entire year, there was not a tough call on getting the raise and extension.

2. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Who has only one NCAAT game in 9 years? If you say Brady then you are showing your basketball ignorance and are not a true fan...take your ball and go home.

3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I probably would have given it to him based on winning the SEC regular season this year, and the multitude of awards his program has gotten the past few years, but I can't say it would have been easy for me based on his post-season record. The SEC was down this year, most notably Kentucky and Mississippi St, so that takes some of the luster off the regular season title. It would have been tough. Skip Bertman obviously feels more the way you do, though.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Everybody is entitled to be a fan and to express their happiness or dissatisfaction in any way they please. I was totally frustrated during the 1st half last night and I was extremely nervous as the 2nd half began. I'm simply saying that, for some, there will never be enough succes from Brady's teams to satisfy them. They want to hate Brady. Sure, they love it when LSU wins, but you can book it. If A&M wins tomorrow, it will be Brady's fault to those people and they'll want him gone. If that's how they feel, fine. That's not how I feel and I will defend the coach because I think, in the overall scheme of things, he's done a good job here.

I only wish I knew what Tiger Educated's take on this season is.:hihi:

5. OpelousasLSUFan

OpelousasLSUFan Founding Member

What ever happened to TE? Have not seen him here in about a year! Did he change screen names or something?

6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Those folks are ridiculous; every now and then they might share a nugget of wisdom, but for the most part they are too much to stomach. Continuing your use of the ignore function is suggested, but I'm afraid they would carry on even if it were only those few folks chewin' da fat.

7. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

The last page or so of this thread has been rational and well written.

I guess I'll be the first to say ... I HAVE been a Brady fan over the years (let's just try to get some affirmation out to balance the negativity :) ), and I DID see that the program was headed in the right direction. And, I'll also just acknowledge that his personality and demeanor has been polarizing. I personally don't care if people post that they don't like a coach for his personality, you're entitled to not like someone for his personality. Just like I would hate Bobby Knight coaching for my school.

But, hopefully, we can all just enjoy the ball being played and help LSU become a school with knowledgeable, good basketball fans (again). I think that Skip has finally come out and spoken authoritatively on the Brady subject, and I'm glad he has. Brady has been affirmed. Brady will get a raise. He should have gotten a raise (when did Saban not get a raise for winning the SEC. When would we have bitched about paying our football coaches more money for winning the SEC, regardless of the bowl record?). And, I'll be one to say thank you Skip, for putting your money where LSU's mouth should be. To see, that Brady makes around $715K per, and Pearl after one good year gets to $1.2M, and when Tubby's package is well over $2M, and Billy D's package is well over $1M, I'd just say, LSU fans better recognize and recognize soon.

My only remarks to the naysayers and Brady bashers would be... if you don't like the man just because you don't like him, then just say so. But, if you're going to challenge his coaching, recruiting, mentoring, running a program, etc., then come to the party with good arguments and facts. When you look objectively at what he's done after the probation wore off, I don't think you can be a knowledgeable basketball fan and win the arguments that Brady should be gone.

:geauxtige :bball: :champs: LSU IS A BASKETBALL SCHOOL. PACK THE PMAC!!!

8. kcal

kcal Founding Member

that is a well thought out and reasoned post......thanks for putting my thoughts to words far better than i ever could have.

9. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

DITTO to all of the above... I was a nervous wreck and checking the flights for Voogd back to Oregon.. then I remembered he is a freshman making freshman mistakes.

10. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

It is called Keeping Your Coach.