Rumsfeld

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by dallastigers, Feb 23, 2004.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You should stick to football talk.

2. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

SabanFan, what do you do when the madman is W? Just wondering!

:geaux: :helmet: :lsug: :helmet: :geaux:

3. ColonelHapablap

ColonelHapablap Founding Member

I'd like to know where this vast wealth of knowledge came from, as I have never heard anything to the effect of these claims made my anyone, much less anyone reputable.

The assumptions that people make about what would have happened under a Gore presidency are based on what DID happen under a Clinton presidency -- a lot of talk and saber rattling, no action. How many UN resolutions were passed with regard to Iraq under Clinton? I know I don't have that many fingers. Bill Clinton had Osama in his grubby little hands at least three times (that we know of) and nothing ever happened except that we bombed an asprin factory.

There's something else that nobody ever seems to think about. Anyone remember who the VP would have been under Gore? That's right, Joe Lieberman. If 9/11 had happened under Gore, he would have been Joe Liberman the fundamentalist Jew who wants to exterminate everything muslim. Does anyone here really think that Algore would have done ANYTHING with the possibility of that world opinion hanging over his head? Even if he had, I think we'd have had a lot of trouble keeping the entire muslim world from jumping into the fight. It would have literally become the mulim world vs. U.S. quagmire that some of you like to pretend this one is.

Remember the first world trade center attack? The USS Koll [sp?]? Bombings of US Embassies around the world? All talk and no action. Gore would have been no different. There's not a doubt in my mind that nothing would have been done under a Gore presidency after 9/11.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I don't want to get into this with you. You seem like a nice guy. Let's just say we have different politics.

5. CottonBowl'66

CottonBowl'66 Founding Member

Everything I have stated in my post on Bush's incompetency on terrorism has appeared in mainstream newspapers. It was widely reported in the months after 911.

Again it does not surprise me that the right wingers here have never heard any of this. I am sure Fox Propaganda and Rush never bothered to "report" any of it.

6. Erin Krohl

Erin Krohl Founding Member

BTW last night we watched a very informative documentary on the "Search for Osama Bin Laden" on Natl Geographic. For you uninformed, under the Clinton administration the US went from a "help him out cause he's fighting the Ruskies", led by Rumsfeld, to OK go after him to OK, you have the ability to take him "dead or alive". They came close (and obviously not close enough) but there were Americans over there doing nothing BUT hunting for Osama the entire time Clinton was in office.

Here's a thought for you TG Gore wasn't in office post 9/11 - perhaps 9/11 would never have happened if Bush had not been "elected"

Isn't it great to live in a country where we can espouse our viewpoints (however, lately I do feel that Big Bro is watching..) - if you never hear from me again it's because I was arrested for owning a BMW . No joke - this administration is piloting a airport ranking system for all pasengers that will include the evaluation of what car you drive, how long you've owned your car. where your siblings and your parents live - to determine if you are a threat - don't believe me? Try checking out other news sources less Bush-lapping than FOX or CNN - like anything on the internet

7. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

CNN - Bush lapping
    09/11 never happening if Bush not elected.
    Clinton came close to getting Osama.
    Americans were over there doing nothing but hunting him down for Clinton.

Where do you get this stuff from?

Clinton was handed Osama on a silver platter and turned it down. Clinton just liked to throw out a few cruise missiles every now and then to make it on the 6PM news. He was not hunting him down. Clinton was more worried about Saddam than Osama.

09/11 started being planned around the time Clinton was offered Osama.

8. Erin Krohl

Well at least you'll know that I canceled your vote out come November

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Not really. Since you live and vote in North Carolina and we go by the Electoral College system you don't have the power to cancel the vote of a citizen of another state.

10. Erin Krohl

Oh, but you'll know that I did vote against Bush!