Rumsfeld

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by dallastigers, Feb 23, 2004.

1. phatcat

phatcat Founding Member

Wake up, dallastigers

I give you an article from the Sunday, Aug. 04, 2002 edition of Time Magazine and you counter with the comment, "Someone's homepage for their earthlink service is really mainstream news. Just put links to the real stories." Dude, what the hell do you want? Tell me what mainstream publication you trust, and I will look up the same basic information there. The news is the news. Just because Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly are not reporting it does not mean that it never happened. I know it's scary, but please consider removing your nose from the present administration's ass long enough to take a look around you. *SHEESH*

2. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

Re: Wake up, dallastigers

Dude (?), the actual links instead of someone's homepage who picks and chooses what is put on it.

I guess you just ignored the rest of the post. What about Clinton's failures for 8 years?link WAtimes link

3. dallastigers

I guess Clinton and his team were to busy trying to find Osama and stopping Saddam than to look into this.

CNN link on McVeigh

4. Erin Krohl

Erin Krohl Founding Member

I am not anti-Republican. And thank you for asking as opposed to assuming. I am a registered independent, because I agree with the GOP where my money is concerned, but do not appreciate the hijacking of that party by the religous right. That's not to say that the Dems are the living end - because they are not. But I can stomach them more. I really have issues with this administration and don't want to see them re-elected. Sufficed to say, my mind is made up as is everyone who is posting a stated opinion here.

5. Erin Krohl

Ok try other news reporting sites such as jane or slade...

You use the internet...

6. dallastigers

"Hijacking" - are you trying to compare us with the terrorists of 09/11?

Isn't that as slap in the face to all of america?

7. Erin Krohl

Wow - such an attack. Do you honestly think that the Natl Geographic channel put on an hour show of lies? The person interviewed was head of the COVERT (that means secret) CIA group performing the search for Osama under the Clinton presidency - yeah he's lying too

Next - I only asked you to think that 9/11 might not have happened if Bush had not been elected - not never happening ...

Lastly, to another of your posts, I am considering changing my registration to Democrat so that I can go to the caucus here in NC because independents can not.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Well, I respect that. I certainly don't think everyone needs to toe the same line. My staunch pro-Bush stance is primarily due to the manner in which he's handled the whole 9/11 tragedy. Frankly, his ideas about the economy and eventually reducing the massive deficit are just as plausible as anything the Dems could come up with. The economy is cyclical and whichever administration happens to be in office has little, if any bearing on the ultimate state of it. What does get my dander up is the disrespect for the office of the President (calling him "Shrub" for example). I was fairly ambivalent toward Clinton as a President but was outraged at his "un-Presidential" behavior. Anyway, you pick out your lesser of two evils and I'll vote for Bush and we'll all pull for LSU.

9. Erin Krohl

Please don't be so obtuse. I am insulted as an American that you would read that into my use of the verb "hijack". Sorry if I have offended you.

But I still do feel that the religous right have "taken over" the GOP and are using this as a "bully pulpit".

10. dallastigers

Prove it. All of us here usually do that instead of blowing smoke.

"Next - I only asked you to think that 9/11 might not have happened if Bush had not been elected - not never happening ..."

No need for comment on this.

The registration post was not mine. I just mentioned you were probably finding someone to tell them you were canceling out their vote. What are you up to 100 people that you are supposed to be canceling out their votes with your one vote?