Run for cover! The Sky is Falling!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger420, Feb 4, 2016.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Great point!

Question, how many here learned to swim by getting their young ass tossed into the water? I know I went over the edge of a shrimp boat in the middle of Vermilion Bay.

Limping them along doesn't appear to be working. Not being negative just making an observation

islstl likes this.
  2. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

No horses but a jackass as head coach.

3. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I haven't really commented yet in this thread, but I read a USA Today interview w/CLM that makes me want to. As frustrated as I get w/his 1900s offensive philosophy and lack of passing game, I still am interested in, and get excited about, anything related to LSU football and overall sport successes. This includes recruiting, training and the actual games. So, I am sort of mixed on all of this. I enjoy it all, and want to maintain my optimism, but there is the reality of what we see year after year on offense that drives some pessimism. I still fall victim, however, to my tendency to be optimistic and feel myself getting excited about what a #3 class (as close to #1 as it gets) + new DC brings to an experienced, senior-laden team. I can't help but speculate what the future may hold, thus fueling that optimism, and creating, perhaps, unrealistic expectations that then have the potential to set up disappointment. No matter what, though, I try to maintain the perspective that it is all for fun and entertainment. I certainly follow it closely, and that involves a time investment, and some emotional ups and downs. While I am impacted from time to time with all of this, I still try to get past the ups and downs quickly and not let it taint my overall experience or impact my life in any significant way.

Having said all of that, the second half of this article makes me realize that CLM ain't changin' nothin'. He still feels the ALA loss was all about a certain 4 players being hurt that cost them the game, not the offensive gameplan. He also clearly doesn't have self-perspective about waiting to long to make in game changes, or a change in offensive philosophy over his entire tenure. Otherwise, there is some good insight about his interactions w/Alleva. As always, it is difficult to interpret him in some of his quotes/thought processes (particularly in the first half of the article, which makes it difficult to want to continue reading). He does say that he expects to be better in the passing game, and that they will "practice it w/ more focus" (something they should obviously be doing anyway), but clearly he plans on running LF7 all the way. LF7 is the strength of the offense, but we all know there are ways to utilize his strengths while maintaining more balance and success in the passing game. But, not for CLM, it's going to be run, run, run/pass. Here's the article.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/sec/2016/02/05/lsu-head-coach-les-miles/79888230/

tirk, cajdav1, ROY_LA_CA and 2 others like this.
  4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

exactly....I would like to have seen him throw his first interceptions in the first 3 to 4 games, so he could mentally prepare for how to handle it and bounce back....should have been throwing it 35 times a game vs the inferior competition we faced early in the season...it's why I started the infamous shelter thread I got hammered on

lsu-i-like and ROY_LA_CA like this.
  5. shane0911

Quit being such a Debbie downer @islstl what is wrong with you. ;)

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

yes, I admit I did go down on Debbie

diamondheadtiger and shane0911 like this.
  7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

The problem with the passing game as stated many times, is Miles doesn't focus on in game passing in the early games of the year. You can practice until the cows come home but doing it in a game is where you really learn. Nothing beats experience on the field. But LSU will go into next season and Fournette will eclipse 1000 yards after 5 games and we will throw the rock all of 15 times a game, most of them will be deep balls, and then when we get to a game where the run is stuffed and have to throw it will be obvious and won't work. That's LSU football in a nutshell.

8. shane0911

That slut

lsu-i-like likes this.
  9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

[​IMG]

xlnsports, didit, furduknfish and 4 others like this.
  10. shane0911

He went down on her too?