Run the Football!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bh1229, Sep 27, 2010.

1. bh1229

bh1229 Freshman

LSU has a great defense, game changing special teams, be conservative on offense! Just tell your QB to take care of the football and not put the team in a bad position with turnovers or dumb decisions.

IT worked in 2003, it works for Alabama now, it worked for Bear Bryant. Develop a power running game and do not ask your QB to do things that he cannot do.

We have the running backs and the O-line to do this. I cringe almost everytime we drop back for a pass. Too many bad things can happen. If we do not get the first, punt and let one of your better parts of the team take over, defense.

This strategy will win a lot of ball games and keep you hanging in with anybody!

1 person likes this.
  2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Do you honestly think we (or any team) can have a "run only" offense? Teams are already going to stack the box and give us fits if we continue with the marginal passing attack.

3. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

bh1229, I agree with some of your post, however as lsutiga pointed out you have to have balance in your O. You can't just line up and play smash mouth football. Won't work in todays game.

Welcome to the forum. :thumb:

Put your first beer on lsutiga's tab. :lol:

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Maybe Brett could forward this to meathead.

5. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

The running game is really hampered without a true FB sitting in the middle of that I. A balanced QB is crucial, but my hunch is we'll be seeing a lot more power running than spread option in the future.

6. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

Alabama has the beef to run a stubborn up the gut style game but even they have to throw it here and there to keep the safeties and LBs back. LSU just doesn't have the beef to do whatever they want in the run game.

With our vanilla offense, lack of any sort of passing threat, the Bama game along with most the SEC schedule is going to kill us.

Our defense is great but it can't do it alone and they will begin to wear down after a while without the offense sustaining drives. Something they have shown they have almost zero ability to do.

But I sure as hell hope they prove me wrong. This team has almost every piece of the puzzle in place for a special season. Unfortunately the piece they're missing is the biggest one.

7. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

Both of those situations had/have efficient passing attacks, which we don't have.

8. khounba

khounba Founding Member

161 rush attempts and 81 pass attempts on the season. We already do this. What are you talking about?

Oh, you mean don't run the option. Good idea.

9. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

this

10. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

A sound philosophy for sure, but you HAVE to have some resemblance of a passing game to keep defenses honest. Right now, we have none. Our QB has actually regressed and has ZERO confidence in himself.