Run the Football!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bh1229, Sep 27, 2010.

1. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

I'm with you in theory. Bear Bryant teams ran a power wishbone and always had a quarterback that could throw it (Todd, Rutledge, Lewis, etc.) I'm still not sure what LSU is first and foremost. Regardless, when the D sells out to stop the run you have to keep them honest.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

We don't have an offensive line to JUST RUN THE FOOTBALL.

Not sure what you don't understand about that.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It will lose some, too. And what a waste of receiver talent. All we need is a balanced offense, not Peyton Manning.

4. Ahab the Arab

Ahab the Arab Veteran Member

I say lets continue trying to get the passing offense going against Tennessee, as UAB torched them for over 400 yards passing last Saturday in Knoxville. Hence, since Tennessee is horrible against the pass, lets see if we can get the kinks worked out of our passing offense and gain some confidence against Tennessee. Now if we can’t pass against Tennessee, then I would agree with you until someone stops our running game cold. Not to mention that I do think the better defenses in the SEC, i.e., Alabama and Florida, will be able to shut down our running game cold altogether and force us to pass. Hence, if we have any chance of beating either of those two teams we will inevitably have to pass.

Now when it comes to pass defense the team that really scares me the most is Florida’s, because they are really burning it up on interceptions.

5. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

LSU is already running the ball, unfortunately you can't always move the chains running the ball. Trying to hide the QB is one of the reasons why LSU is nearly last in offense in the nation. You can keep on doing what they are doing now and get 8-10 wins, I would say you will certainly stop getting the top talent LSU is currently enjoying in the future.

Eventually the offense is going to have an ok outing and suck all the fanboys back into thinking things are still on track.

6. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

Any comparisons to our 2003 season or Bama is the stuff insanity is made of.

Those two offenses were primarily running offenses which were efficient throwing the football.

Our offense this year is horrible throwing the ball. It's not going to magically get better because we don't have the QB or the coaching to pull it off.

1 person likes this.
  7. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

They stack the box against Bama and they run it. We can do it too.

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

You got me a bit confused here, "they" can't be on the field at the same time. Can I have a lil clue...like an antecedent?

9. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

They = opponents

So I think he means: Bama's opponents stack the box Bama but they are still able to run it.

1 person likes this.
  10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Thanks.

Should we break it to him that Bama had 200 yards passing vs. Arky to go along with those 200 on the ground. 194 passing to 227 rushing to be exact. Play calling was 40 rushes & 36 pass attempts.

Even against Duke "they" had 315 yards on the ground and 311 through the air. 35 plays rushing and 26 passing... pretty balanced I'd say. I guess it would be better we not say and keep this tween us.