running a little option with randle

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by eagls24, Sep 14, 2004.

1. eagls24

eagls24 Freshman

i would think with his speed and our running backs that we would run a little more option that would take pressure off of both qbs i thought about this when randall started 2yrs ago and how deadly it could be what do yall think

2. bigbully

bigbully Founding Member

amen! I've been waiting to see the option from Randall

3. SpringTiger

SpringTiger Founding Member

I've been wanting to see a little option with Randall, but it can be scary to me when run on a very limited, part-time basis. I worry about turnovers, but upon reflection, I don't know that the turnover risk would be any greater than when Randall throws the forward pass. Did Randall play in an option offense in high school? He just seems like the prototypical option qb. I'd also like to see more qb draws from the shotgun, spread formation with Randall. I think his feet are much better than his arm, and he can make people miss. I also like the option out of the gun.

4. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

that would open up a few other plays for the tiger O. try to keep the D honest.....

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I would also like to see Randall in the shotgun on obvious passing downs like we did with Mauck, and run some of them misdirection plays that had so much success against GA in the SEC CG.

Randall's success will lie mostly upon the play calling. I don't see a offensive game plan that has him throwing all that much when he is in the game.