Running Back Schmorgasboard...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bandit88, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Here's who'll be getting touches on Friday:

Darren McFadden
    Felix Jones
    Jacob Hester
    Keiland Williams
    Charles Scott
    Richard Murphy

Holy Crap....That's a lot of future NFL talent right there...

Now, project yourself into 2008 for just a moment:

Ryan Perrilloux (somebody take this guy to church or something), Keiland Williams, Charles Scott, Richard Murphy, Holliday, Toliver, Byrd, Dickson, Lafell, did I miss anyone? If the O-line plays ball next year, this offense is going to be friggin' awesome. :lol: :thumb:

2. khounba

khounba Founding Member

Is Felix going to play? I thought he was hurt?

3. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

still unknown...I hope he doesn't play, but sounded like Coach Miles was expecting the "Wildcat" which I think means Felix will play.

Anyone have better info?

4. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

Darren McFadden - NFL feature back
    Felix Jones - NFL feature back
    Jacob Hester - the next Dallas Clark (gut feeling here)
    Keiland Williams - Perfect NFL change of pace back
    Charles Scott - NFL feature back
    Richard Murphy - a little early, but could be feature back or at least a solid contributer.

5. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I'm curious where Jones gets drafted. He still has one year left, correct? He'll need to come back & prove he can be effective without McFadden. If he gets a 1,000 yard season next year he's definitely a first rounder.

Eh, not seeing it...

Too early to tell on all these guys, IMO. All of them have shown the ability to be feature backs, but none of them have developed into complete backs.

6. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

7. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

best I can find

http://www.tigerforums.com/686464-post2.html

8. Speedy G

Speedy G Founding Member

Man, I would love to see what Charles Scott can do with a full day's work.

Hester could be the next Mike Alstott.

9. gittyupandgeaux

gittyupandgeaux Founding Member

I had the pleasure of meeting the Hesters at the PMac last week during the McNeese game. I was working the concessions for my daughter's travel softball team. He and his lovely wife came to our stand. Initially, I didn't recognize him. Face was obviously familiar, but he wasn't the 6'0", 224 that he's listed to be. More like 5'9" to 5'10" and 185-195. Kinda threw me off.

What a great kid he is. And his wife is super nice too. Very humble kids. He took the time to shake my hand and indulge me while I praised him and his teammates and sign a few autographs for the kids in line behind him. Unfortunately, my kids were watching the game and missed him. Maybe next time.

Doubt he has the size to be the next Alstott, or a fullback in the NFL. I would hope that he can either put the weight on and keep the speed to be a back, but would think he may convert to defensive back, because of his size and fierce competitive nature.

10. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Maybe so, depends on what happens with the coaching staff up there. They passing game isn't going to improve next year so that may be his best bet.

We'll see. I imagine this discussion will come up in the combine & it will be interesting to see what the scouts say.

It's odd that Scott is considered our change of pace back & yet has proven to be the most complete out of the 3 so far. He had troubles with vision last year but has really improved.

I've been surprised at how many different plays they've included Richard Murphy on. He must have a better handle on the playbook than I was expecting. I was expecting his role to be more limited (not in number of carries, just in what formations he comes in on).