Running formations & Tight end usage

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU Strength, Nov 10, 2013.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You could be on to something. Seems like we are very basic, not alot of creativity. But if we cannot execute basic offense and basic defense why get creative?

2. LSU Strength

LSU Strength Veteran Member

Because: a) we did execute a more creative offense earlier in the season, we did it several games in a row but stopped from the Florida game on; and, b) could not part of the reason we might not be able to execute a basic offense be that they know whats coming simply by the formations we line up with?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Could very well be.

4. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

There is not doubt about it.

Even as fans, when you watch enough CF .. you get to where you can tell what is comming. It was like the fade TD McCarron threw .... I KNEW that was comming. I mean ... you just KNEW that was the play that was comming. LSU's offense is even more easy to scheme. The only misdirection we have is the play action. ... but you know where the pass is going.

Cameron is going to have to develope some TE's in the passing game if he ever plans on beating any of the big boys. Heck .. I"d ware the TE's out, until their Safeties and LBs backed off. Quick, over the middle TE routes ... like High School Grade would be an upgrade to the LSU offense. I'd run double TE, two wide outs, one back, ... and flat out dare the LB's to inch up.

LSU became so predictable last night, I turned the game off starting in the 4th. I knew where it was headed,... and I'm glad I didn't waste anymore wake time on the game. Sad .. but true.