Runningback situation

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Feb 21, 2005.

1. MALONE121212

MALONE121212 Founding Member

I disagree. If you look at what vincent did a year ago. Neither of those two backs compare he will be back this year!

2. veedo

veedo Founding Member

I don't like the idea of moving JV to WR. Saban did that when our recievers were juts average. Which WR would you sit in favor or JV (Skyler, Ducet, X-man, Hill, Davis, Bowe)? We are too deep at the WR position for a RB to be moved. I like the previous analysis (Broussard, Addai, JV). With the depth at the o-line position, and the depth at the RB position, we are going to have opposing d-lines on oxygen by the third quarter. The future is bright for LSU football....wait, the future is now.

V

3. john randolph

john randolph Founding Member

Davis and Toefield are both pro's one is a starter. Let's wait and see how good JV and the others turn out. I hope u r right for the Tigers sake.

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

By now I think that Miles knows he is loaded at RB with many options and all of them good. Im sure Jimbo will have a big say in the early offensive depth chart but I also believe Miles will want to see all of the players play with his own eyes and make some depth chart decisions himself. I would think that every starting job is up for grabs but some guys will be almost impossible to beat.

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I like your positive thinking and the talent is there but I think there are still a lot of questions about how much change we will see with the new coaching staff. It should be a very interesting spring and fall and I can't wait. :hihi: :hihi: :thumb: :thumb:

6. CajinTigah

CajinTigah Founding Member

Kinda like Christmas Day with a room full of presents, and every one of them is exactly what you wanted! :thumb:

7. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I'm in agreement with putting the best 11 guys on the field--reguardless of what position they originally came to LSU as.

:geauxtige

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

how can Addai not get drafted highly this year? he does it all, has the heart and is a true football player. I guess with caddi, ced and ronnie all in there, its best for him to wait til next year.

addai will carry LSU next year.

9. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

IMO, Broussard and Vincent are better than Toefield and Davis. More speed.

As far as next season, I think some fields and conditions may favor one back over the other. I like Broussard and Addai on wet fields.

I think Vincent proved he can be lightning in a botte in the SECCG and Sugar Bowl, but he has to stay in shape. I would like to see him light it up a few times next season and stay in the game when he gets hot. I'd like to see a 200+ yd game from him. He has it in him.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

addai is probably the best all around of the entire group. speed for sure. ability to catch anything out of the backfield. ability to line up in the slot and smoke any LB who matches up.

broussard is bigger and the bruiser. deceivingly fast.

vincent is definitely the least proven of the lot yet plenty potential.

that's where appalachian state fits in nicely.