Runningback situation

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Feb 21, 2005.

1. BayouBert

BayouBert Founding Member

you have good points...i agree that we are stacked at wide reciever, so JV would have a hard time getting enough reps there too...

If i were king, I would develop a plan for him to play some at RB on 1st &/or 2nd down, more as a 3rd down choice (although Addai seems stronger for this situation most of the time) +plus+ i would rotate him into Skyler's slot position for ~1/3 of the plays involving use of the 3rd receiver..

Don't get me wrong, I believe in JV big time, but i personally think Broussard offers the best first string option and would offer us the best overall offensive flexibility/execution..

This JV "problem" is one heck of a nice problem to have. I would be surpised if JV is a major component at RB in '05, but if he is, that means he is probably kicking tail and taking names, so that would be fine with me!....therefore, I would personally like to JV get some reps at RB and also at the slot to maximize his time on the field.

thanks for the reply

BAYOU-city-BERT

2. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

anyone know if Miles ever runs 2 halfback sets? Broussard and Addai, Addai and Vincent, Broussard and Vincent... any combo is scary.