Rush and the ACLU

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by MiketheTiger69, Feb 11, 2004.

1. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

I wonder what the dittoheads and Rush think about the ACLU protecting his medical records. I don't know the full story but it appears that the prosecution in his case are trying to get his medical records and the ACLU is preventing it. Anybody know the full story? How ironic it is that one of the biggest haters of the ACLU is being protected by it!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

:geaux: :helmet: :lsug: :helmet: :geaux:

2. CottonBowl'66

CottonBowl'66 Founding Member

Don't expect much of an answer. I brought up the fact that Limbaugh also hired a defense attorney who the right wing despises also--just a slick liberal attorney known for getting guilty people out of one jam after another through legal tricks.

Even though that is exactly the type of attorney Rush has railed against for years, they have no problem with that. They see no hypocrisy.

Rush is also on record as saying that too many white drug users are getting off without being punished--he has stated that they deserve jail time right along with their pushers. He was saying this at the same time he was one of them.

But they have no problem with him trying to avoid jail now, even though he is clearly a white drug user.

3. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Its a shame that the ACLU didn't protect Dr. Atkins medical records.

People are vultures now adays whether its in politics or attacking
    someone like Dr. Atkins when you don't agree with his views.

Our culture is reaching a new "ALLTIME LOW"

I think this happens to be worse than the Rush situation.

You expect enemies to attack you in politics today, you just don't
    expect it in normal life.

Imagine attacking a dead person?

Dr Atkins family is upset because some are saying he was over weight when he died.

Even if he was I don't see what the problem is.

His family says he was overweight only because of going into a coma and water retension.

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

i am not a huge fan of rush. just because i like g w bush doesnt mean i like rush. not all of us right wing idiots love rush. i dont think rush should go to jail, but i dont think any drug user should go to jail, and i think drugs should be legal.

5. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

Re: Re: Rush and the ACLU

Does doctor-patient privilege survive the patient's death in New York? We need a lawyer to let us know the law on that :)

6. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

Rush is Wrong. Why doesn't he just face up and let it all out. Seems to me the more this goes on the more he has to hide. I was a big Rush fan but as his popularity rose some of his comments started to become "Holyer than Thou" in attitude. The gut has plenty of money and has done great things for conservative type talk shows but it is time for him to move on. JMO

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You hate everybody else. You might as well hate "slick liberal attorneys" too.

Since you have clearly demonstrated your total irrationality we can only assume that you are a heavy user of some kind of drug.

When you get busted if the best lawyer you can afford who you think will do the best job of getting you off is a "slick right wing attorney" are you going to hire him or will you stick with a liberal public defender and do your time?

Whether I was charged with a crime or involved in a lawsuit I wouldn't give a damn about the politics of my attorney except how many favors the judge owed him. I don't particularly like Johnny Cochran but if I needed his services and could afford him I would learn to love him.

8. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Re: Re: Re: Rush and the ACLU

From what they said on tv.

This doctor got the information illegally and used it to further his
    agenda because he is against what Dr. Atkins stood for.

They said he could lose his license along with some other things
    that could happen to him.

9. LSUBud

LSUBud Founding Member

While I disagree with most of the positions that the ACLU takes, I do very much admire their consistency. A few years back, they represented the KKK's right to march in Skokie, Illinois in a freedom of speech case. That stance cost them MANY members, but it showed many others (even those like me who despise the KKK) that they honor the Constitution and not just their political causes.

Rush has made similar comments about the ACLU throughout the years.

10. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

I'll take the ACLU a little more seriously when they start standing up for the WHOLE Bill of RIghts, including the Second Amendment.

And when they dump assclowns like Joe Cook who want to force everyone to be atheist.