Rush Limbaugh 12 years ago

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by JoeReckless, Mar 27, 2006.

1. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

Just for you RED. Found this today. Let's just aboard the Kyoto Procotol now because thse scientists know exactly how to stop "Global Warming." I know, it's from 98.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/56456.stm

Climate changes such as global warming may be due to changes in the sun rather than to the release of greenhouse gases on Earth.
    Climatologists and astronomers speaking at the American Association for the Advancement of Science meeting in Philadelphia say the present warming may be unusual - but a mini ice age could soon follow.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Well, here is what the AAAS scientists are saying at the 2004 conference.

http://www.aaas.org/news/releases/2004/0616climate.shtml

"At a meeting organized by AAAS and its journal, Science, the climate researchers argued that while some policy experts and sectors of the public dispute the risk, there is in fact no cause for doubt: The world is significantly warmer today than it was a century ago--and it's getting warmer. Without action now, they warned, the impact could be devastating."

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

they didnt say man caused it. maybe the impact will be devastating, that purely speculative. and whether not our actions can prevent anything, that is even more speculative.

4. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

There IS a problem with global warming... it stopped in 1998

Link

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I agree with this...
    We have way too much Sex, its everywhere you turn.
    There's no way to get away from it.
    Its on almost all tv channels, shows all the time.
    Even Fox news, perfect example...
    I was eating at a McDonalds play land with some relatives in Destin, Fl on
    Sunday morning, kids were there of course.
    McDonalds had a tv in there on Fox news and they were interviewing a
    stripper and showing her little routine, they didn't show much but it was
    still too much!

Our society is way out of control, it even shows up on this LSU board!:dis:
    If we ever cool down the earth will too.
    There's no doubt that we are going through weather that is abnormal.
    I talked to relatives on Sunday that just moved down from Anchorage.
    No snow up there the last 2 Christmas holidays, thats unreal!

6. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

Did they say how they know the earth is hotter than it was 100 years ago when there were no accurate temp. readings from 100 years ago? I'd like to see how they attained this data....aliens maybe?

And we can stop this how.......stopping the rays of the sun from hitting earth?

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

new opinion piece in the wall street journal:

http://www.opinionjournal.com/extra/?id=110008220

"Alarm rather than genuine scientific curiosity, it appears, is essential to maintaining funding. And only the most senior scientists today can stand up against this alarmist gale, and defy the iron triangle of climate scientists, advocates and policymakers."

i think that people take don't the opinion most likely to be right, but the opinion that makes them feel good about themselves. they dont care about reality as much as they care about their own peace of mind, which they get more easily when they take the view they see as most righteous.

and to a lesser extent people enjoy worrying and getting excited by alarmism and fear-mongering.

the good thing for you cats is that i can tell you my wonderful opinion which is firmly rooted in harsh reality, even if that means you don't get to sound the alarms, and the sky is not falling. although that would be fun to believe and concern ourselves with. alot of things that would be fun to believe are not true.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

There are not only extremely accurate temperatures with modern thermometers from 1906, but they go with near-global coverage as far back as 1850. Many, much earlier records exist, but coverage and instrument standardisation are less.

Instrumental Global Surface Temperature Measurements. (IPCC)