Rush the field...?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SyrTiger, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Jester

Jester Founding Member

A) Good. Enjoy the tailgating/pregame/game!!! I would think that would be MORE than enough.

B) So what. You've never climbed Mt Everest either, so what?

C) Who cares? You sound like you're jealous that "maybe" some other immature kids acted stupid and ran on the field to act like they were important when their team did something.

D) Why would you feel good about rushing at any game? If LSU didn't have 2 BCS trophies, 4 BCS wins, 3 SEC championships in the last 10 years, and we were barely sniffing the top-25 for the last 30 years, THEN you might "feel good" about rushing the field. Either way, you're an embarrassment, but in reality, you make LSU look like we were just wannabees/lucky for the last 10 years and we don't really belong in the same sentence as the "elite" programs.

E)Yeah, it bothers a lot of people. Do you know how much your school gets fined if you rush the field? How much more if the goalposts are pulled? How much damage gets done to the field? So yes, it bothers a lot of people. Not to mention it makes LSU look like a 2nd rate has been who feels like we were lucky to have managed to stay on the field with the "mighty" Alabama, and that our students are so surprised and elated that we won that they can't contain themselves. Lame.

PS--Oh yeah, and your generalizations by age are a bunch of BS. I'm in my 20s and I think its ridiculous to rush the field, and so does every middle aged and elderly person that I know. Anyone who has been a true LSU fan through the hard times and then through our successes is against rushing the field. Our students already embarrass us enough with all the booing. Rushing the field just makes you, our team, and us, look stupid.

1 person likes this.
  2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

From what I read they got their asses beat for it and only a few made it. I didn't see but here's a link from cocky talk with fans at the game saying they couldn't because there was "an army of police" stopping them and forcefully, too.

The title is misleading, it's about the Bama game.

[ame="http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?p=2510673#post2510673"]>KY fined for fans rushing the field - CockyTalk<[/ame]

3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

We didn't even rush the field after the Earthquake Game in '88. However, after 6 pathetic losing seasons, the students did rush the field in '95 for the AU game. In fact, my date from the law school nearly got himself arrested (I stayed in the stands.)

But now? Nah--that's for perennial losers.

4. mach316

mach316 Founding Member

NEG, act like you've been here...

5. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Please god no.
    We have more BCS National Championships in the last 10 years than Bama does.
    Why would that even be a discussion.

6. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Nope.... Besides I'd need a parachute to rush the field from my seat.. lol

7. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

and there's your compromise. just celebrate by throwing a bama fan off the upper deck.

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

That's cause he missed it and few are "for" it. Not sure everyone's age but it's dam near unanimous...and non gender specific either.

9. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

act like you have been there

1 person likes this.
  10. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

The last time we rushed the field was the Auburn game in 2001 when we won the west for the first time and got a rematch with Tenn. in the SECCG.
    The last time a goal post came down was the north end zone goal post in 2000 when we beat bama and ended the streak.
    The last time both goal posts came down was the Tennessee game in 2000.

So no current undergraduate students, assuming 5 years to graduate, have rushed the field.