Rush the field...?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SyrTiger, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Lurking Tiger

Lurking Tiger Founding Member

NO.

I did it once and it was fun, but the program is bigger now. Rushing the field shows that you just beat someone that you shouldn't have been able to even compete with.

Sometimes being old has its advantages.

1 person likes this.
  2. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

If I were to clarify, I would consider anyone in college my youngster group. I would consider middle aged about 25 to 60ish(out of school to retirement), and the older group retired. Doesn't really go by age as a number.

Don't really want to get into the age of everyone, but I thought I was pretty accurate, I think the majority falls in 25-retirement category.

3. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

On one hand, it's another one-loss team, ranked only a few spots higher. On the other hand, rushing a football field is really fun. I say go for it. And if you get chased by the cops, that just adds to the story. (How's your foot speed?)

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

:eek:

If you set the parameters like that, 35 year span tween a 5 year and a 15 or so...yeah, I guess you were right. :hihi:

I could make a lot of things fit that mold- that's pretty much everyone, which would prove my point.

5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I was part of the 'rush the field' crowd for the upset of then No.1 ranked Fla in '97. It was the first time we'd beaten a No.1 team ever, so it was justified. Now, there's no way. It would be a huge embarrassment because we're an elite program now. How many times have you seen students from elite programs rush the field? Probably never, so there's your answer.

6. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

no not gonna happen.

you are a victim of timing my friend. trust me, in your life you don't want to rush the field because that means LSU has suffered a down time.

but you're talking to a guy that's rushed the field.... twice.

but i had curley hallman my freshman yr. i deserved it.

7. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

If curley was the coach when you were in college you deserved to get laid just for going to the games!

8. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

I was holding on to the goal post allowing students to crawl up my back. It took a while to take it down as the field crew had removed the padding and already greased the poles.

It scared me when it finally popped (like having a wisdom tooth pulled) and I let go as it fell. I'm surprised there were no injuries as you couldn't breathe with everyone pushing and shoving.

It was a memorable evnt but I hope we never do it again. In the event we lose a game on the road, I would be proud to see the other team's fans rush the field.

We've got :crystal::crystal: so let somebody else do it.

9. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

It would please Bama folk if we rushed the field after beating them.

I ain't in the business of pleasing Bama folk.

10. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

When we beat Bama and the mood hits you to rush the field... just do it. Go for it like there's no tomorrow, but atleast do something memorable so we'll have something to talk about, like knocking McElroy down and humping him back to tuscalooserville. Hell maybe we'll even chip in for your bail.