Russell coming out per PFT

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cpsilo1, Jan 5, 2007.

1. cpsilo1

cpsilo1 Founding Member

2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

What a surprise.

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Thanks for the link. Nice Site.

Look at this, sorry if already posted but has the actual email he sent ot the Fins players.

POSTED 8:52 a.m. EST; UPDATED 9:17 a.m. EST, January 5, 2007
    SABAN SAID GOODBYE TO PLAYERS BY E-MAIL
    Less than two weeks after former Fins coach Nick Saban said that he never browses the Internet or sends e-mails, Saban apparently has taken a crash course in electronic communications.
    Because he informed most of his players of his departure from the team . . . by sending them an e-mail.
    "Thanks for your efforts and support," Saban wrote. "I'll help you in any way I can in the future. I thought the damage done relative to me talking to the Alabama people made it impossible for me to come back as the Dolphins coach. I would love to talk to you. Please feel free to call me."
    Okay, so Saban left because of the damage that occurred because he decided to speak to the "Alabama people" after declaring that he wouldn't be the Alabama coach?
    (Nick, good luck looking a recruit and/or his parents in the eye and persuading them that: (1) you'll be the coach at Alabama for their son's full career there; (2) their son will be a starter; and/or (3) their son will be better prepared to play in the NFL if he plays for Alabama.)
    We obtained a copy of the e-mail, sent on January 3 at 4:30 p.m., from one of the recipients. The list of addressees included Andre Goodman, Anthony Alabi, Bennie Anderson, Channing Crowder, Cleo Lemon, Damion McIntosh, Dan Stevenson, Dan Wilkinson, Darian Barnes, Daunte Culpepper, David Bowens, Derek Hagan, Derrick Pope, Donnie Jones, Donnie Spragan, Eddie Jackson, Eric Kimble, Fred Evans, Fred Gibson, Jack Hunt, Jason Allen, Jason Rader, Jason Willis, Jeff Zgonina, Jeno James, Jim Maxwell, Joe Toledo, Joey Harrington, John Denney, Keith Adams, Keith Traylor, Kendyl Jacox, Kyle Eckel, Lee Gray, L.J. Shelton, Marcus Vick, Marty Booker, Matt Roth, Michael Lehan, Norman Lejeune, Patrick Cobbs, P.K. Sam, Renaldo Hill, Ronnie Brown, Sammy Morris, Toniu Fonoti, Travares Tillman, Travis Daniels, Travis Minor, Vernon Carey, Vonnie Holliday, Will Allen, and Yeremiah Bell.
    Curiously absent from the list were Zach Thomas, Jason Taylor, Randy McMichael, Wes Welker, Chris Chambers, and Olindo Mare. Maybe they actually got the courtesy of a phone call.

4. bhelmLSU

Dam, I just read the poll. My first post about Saban and everyone wants the post moved. Sorry.:dis:

5. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

If this is the site I'm thinking of, it's wildly inaccurate most of the time. I still don't doubt that Russell will come out early, but I'll wait til I have a more credible source. I definitely would take that "Saban email" with a grain of salt.

6. bhelmLSU

Thanks for the warning.:thumb:

7. ChineseBandit

ChineseBandit Founding Member

Mr. Flynn, come on down!