Russell Deserves Recognition

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger420, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

If he is improved as much as I think he has, he will have a huge game saturday.

2. friedriches

friedriches mr. t

A lot of people I know. Do they know football? Sort of. Were they right? You tell me.:lol:

3. GarlicMeatball

GarlicMeatball Founding Member

I dont think alot of fans realize how young JR was when he began playing in 2004, and that he had only been in the LSU system for 1 year. Compare that to the three QBs that preceeded JR, Rohan, Mauck and Randall...all three of those guys were in the system for 3 years before they got significant playing time.....YES JR is ultra talented but realistically he is just now 3 years into the LSU system and will now be able to show his TRUE ABILITIES.

4. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

I actually think we will have some success running the ball up the middle.

5. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

JR deserves recognition locally and nationally. He will get a lot of national recognition this year.

JR deserved some criticism last season because he was slow on some of his decision making, made some bad decisions, and didn't look great in some games. He was young, had only been in the system a year, and had little experience. It took him awhile to learn the system, learn to read defenses, check off WR's faster, not rifle the ball for a 10 yd pass, etc etc.

Also, the WR's weren't stellar last year with a lot of dropped balls. I see tremendous improvement in JR this year with his touch, comfort in the pocket. We will see how he performs against a very good defense and he is really tested. I predict he will be very good this weekend. He won't be mistake free and may have an interception in there, but other than that he will be poised, confident, and accurate(he is always accurate). We just have to hope the O-line gives him time and we can run the ball.

I would love to see RP play this year against lower competition but JR is the man and he can lead this team to the SECCG.

6. USMTiger

USMTiger Founding Member

7. G-LSU

G-LSU Founding Member

JR, Flynn, PR..... As long as we keep winning, I don't care who is the starting QB. JR has looked good so far this season, (minus that first drive vs. AZ when he tried that touch pass that went out of bounds)..... We had 2 really good games against inferior competition. This week against the "fake Tigers" will be his true test and I hope he passes with flying colors!!!
    :lsup: :geauxtige :lsup:

8. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

Chris Leak in the middle of it?? :eek:
    John David Booty???:eek:

Chris Leak was mediocre at best last year.
    Booty was an unknown till the season started, why is he in the Top 10?:angryfire
    Oh yeah he plays at USC.

9. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

That was me but I also wanted to see Sparicino too. :confused: