Russell on FoxSW tonight at 6:30

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeafValleyBatnR, Feb 4, 2003.

1. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

The head of Tigerbait was on local radio in Monroe and said Russell will make his commitment on Fox in about 10 minutes. He also said he was 90% sure that Russell will commit to LSU. But we will see.

2. DeafValleyBatnR

Doesnt Look like

Russell will be on till tomorrow. They did say that Lane might take a visit to Tenn next week after signing day and Auburn is back in the picture

3. DeafValleyBatnR

I agree

But his Mother and Father are a big part of this I am sure. LSU might be in a situation where they say that my son is not second best and we will prove it.

The Lane Family are big LSU fans and it just hard for me to believe that this is happening.

4. DeafValleyBatnR

I

Can take Lane going to Tenn

I can take him going to OLE MISS

I can take him going anywhere in the Country even FSU

But I would have to say that I would be sick if he goes to AUBURN

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

For those of us old enough to remember, I have 2 words that will justify Saban's actions in the event LSU loses the Lane commitment: Mike Miley!

6. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Wouldn't bother me at all if Russell signs and Lane leaves.

I really hope Lane stays, but if he does wherever he goes will be his second choice. And whomever gets him has NO promise he will even be there.
    I know it is an old saying, but if he doesn't want to be a Tiger, Fair enough, good luck to you.

I still think Jamarcus will be a Seminole and none of this will matter, but I am wrong more often then right.

7. CURT05

CURT05 Freshman

ROBERT LANE

SOUNDS LIKE A SPOILED BRAT,AND I HAVE A FEELING THAT SABAN TOLD HIM LIKE IT IS. WE SIGN LANE AND HE ACCEPTS A MILLION TO PLAY PRO BASEBALL,HE'S GONE. LET HIM COME DOWN AND COMPETE WITH FLYNN AND RUSSELL. IF HE CANT CUT IT LET HIM GO TO OLE PISS. I LIKE FLYNN ,WHO SAID THAT HE IS GONNA BE THE TUSS HOG. LANE HAS GOT TO BE GOOD BUT DAMMIT MAN ,CANT STAND A PRIMMADONNA.:D

8. EliteLSU1

EliteLSU1 Founding Member

If Lane Does go ...

I hope that one of our new comitments such as Pittman have a field day teeing off on him for four years. That'll really give him something to cry about. It would also be funny to see whatever school he signs with sign the Booty kid next year. Or maybe he'll require that the school that signs him doesn't sign another QB for the four years that he will be there!!

Don't get me wrong, I hope he comes here and I really want to like him. But I am a construction worker and in my field of work it is really hard for me to like someone that thinks that the world owes him something, ESPECIALLY SINCE YOU HAVEN'T EVEN EARNED A LICK OF RESPECT. Maybe he thinks that the school that he goes to should retire his jersey number before he plays a down!

Welcome aboard Flynn and anyone else who isn't scared to EARN a starting position.

9. ChuckE

ChuckE Founding Member

IMHO, I think that LSU is Lane' true backup plan. He knows that LSU wants him. Most of the LSU fan base wants him. His family wants him to go to LSU. The exception being $ from the majors. If the money is not there, he's got LSU and play baseball for the tigers too, his stock goes up, and here comes the money and there goes Lane after one year!

10. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Not so fast. Once he is enrolled and takes part in football and baseball he is not eligible to go pro until he is a junior or is 20 or 21...can't remember which age overrides regardless of class.