Russell shepard CAN THROW! Play him!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by vesperiaLSU, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Blue TurboDog

Blue TurboDog GeauxTigersGo

you nailed the whole problem with Crowton, he is too smart for his own good. He tries to shoehorn his game plan with whatever players he has, doesn't stick with successful plays, but will continue to run non successful plays. I firmly believe we could have beat them with the Jefferson and Ridley running the ball alone. Couldn't agree with you more. :thumb:

2. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Excellent post. Great coaches adjust to talent by finding what works and taking things from there. Not trying to stick to a certain system.

3. brandonwinmill

brandonwinmill Founding Member

I agree also. What if we simplified the playbook to meet the intelligence on the team? Maybe bring it down a notch. I've heard for years several physically talented players don't understand the playbook. Recently JJ and ford, and now shepherd. No one should be on the field not understanding the mission. I've seen confused players on the field many times this year. You can't execute if you don't understand your assignment. We may be able to get more time to allow plays to develop if everyone understands what to do.
    Ya'll may be right, we are outsmarting ourselves.

4. cywar1

cywar1 BIGG DOGG

remember this tiger fans..it all starts in the trenches...who ever controls the line of scrimage..controls the pace of the game...

WHO CONTROLED THE LINE OF SCRIMAGE...auburn or lsu

for those of you thats ever played the game should know that the problem isnt jj or jr..those two are undisciplined and they arent being properly trained..the lack of proper training speaks for itself every single saturday..les needs to administer a little tough love also..if you screw up you ride the pine...

5. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

Our playbook looks pretty simple to me...

1st Play - Ridley left.
    2nd Play - QB scramble.
    3rd Play - Short throw to a WR. Maybe we throw it poorly. Maybe we drop the pass.
    4th Play - Ridley up the middle.
    5th Play - QB scramble.
    6th Play - you're catching on....

6. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

1.) RS is not a QB, he knows it, the whole football world knows it.
    2.) The problem is not the QB position, it's the bald headed guy up in the booth.
    3.) You can continue to throw QBs at the problem, the problem is not going to disappear until you fire him.

7. Speedy G

Speedy G Founding Member

Not really. Lee is a decent passer, but Jefferson has some of the worst mechanics I have seen, and they directly contribute to his problems.

I am surprised they haven't tried using the two of them situationally, similar to the way they used Flynn and Perrilloux.

Watching Saturday's game, I got the feeling LSU's offense would have had a better chance with Peterson at QB running Auburn's scheme.

8. brandonwinmill

brandonwinmill Founding Member

It looks simple to me also, why the comments about it being too advanced? I have heard that for years. I actually started hearing that under jimbo.

AU looked way more physical where it mattered.

I think we should give rs a few snaps and let him throw it at one of our easier games. I thought we should have let jl play the whole game at mcneese and let rs spell him. We have no idea how rs translates to college. I understand game film in high school is overrated. We have no film on him in college. I can't see the harm in a few snaps. He is probably more fit to run an option and let him toss it a few times. Who knows? I'm not against trying anything at this point. If it doesn't work, we tried.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Shepard and Randle were also star high school quarterbacks. Watch for the reverse and a wide receiver pass.

10. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Who's gonna catch the damn ball, only RR has hands worth anything. TT can't hold onto it unless it is giftwrapped, taped, and glued to his hands. Now if it is RS to RR that may work.