Russell shepard CAN THROW! Play him!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by vesperiaLSU, Oct 24, 2010.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Reminds me of Cam Newton. Start RS at QB! He absolutely cannot be any worse than we have already.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Jefferson.

3. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

MY dad (he's 60) says JJ would make a really good WR.

FWIW

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

A tad slow for wideout perhaps, but he could add 30 pounds and be a prototype tight end with his height, legs, and big frame.

5. DoctorDave

DoctorDave Guest

He would be doing poorly, because he had never been asked to catch the football throughout his career.

6. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Why do you want RS to play a position that he doesn't want to play?

This was from last season and I'm pretty sure it was posted on the news forum/feed. I know this is around the 5th thread started on this very question this year. Miles even told him to stay at QB until the end of last season, but RS insisted that he start learning receiver immediately. It was 100% his decision.

It absolutely blows my mind the number of people who ask this question. How can you call yourself an LSU fan and not know this? This is old news. Do none of you actually follow LSU football? Being an LSU fan is a seven day a week job. Recruiting, spring drills, fall practice, gameday, etc. It's all part of the program. We just don't show up on Saturdays in the fall and wonder what the hell is going on. Do you just show up on Saturdays and cheer/boo?

Get informed!

7. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

The few times that RS has lined up at QB (all last season I guess), a timeout was quick to follow. Even as WR, he has shown that he doesn't usually know the play. He showed it Saturday. Yeah, let's make him the QB. :rolleye33:
    -
    I love Shep, am amazed at his athleticism, and moreso by his maturity and leadership. Not trying to hammer him here, but it is what it is.

8. Eliminator55

Eliminator55 May God Help Us.

I've been saying this since the first game last season. I followed Shep's progress and have been dying to see him play QB every since I saw his high school highlight videos. I wanted Shep to start last year or shortly after the season started. I've posted several threads on the issue. One of them was once again relegated to the "sidelines."

It's crazy that Shep has not been given a chance at quarterback. I know that college is a different level. Still, he should be given a chance. He would turn Jefferson's lame run and slides into long yardage and even some touchdowns.

If he can't throw, put him on the field and let him QB a series to show me that he either can throw or lacks the ability. Then we can actually see his abilities and not depend on Miles' and Crowton's analysis of his abilities, which are obviously horrible. He is out of place at wide receiver. I can't fathom what the coaches were thinking placing him in that position. I know what they did. Let's toss some offensive positions in a hat and draw one and that will be Shep's position. If he's worse put him out there to prove that he's worse than the other two options. It would be hard for him to do worse.

LSU fans feels so helpless. Miles' loyalty is ruining this team. I wish LSU had a coach who was willing to actually be pragmatic and give the team the best opportunity to succeed. You will never get that with Miles though.

9. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

You mean like the guy who has our longest play from scrimmage this season, and 5 rushing touchdowns, 1 behind the team leader?

Wait, it'd be more pragmatic to play our 5th best quarterback at QB? Even though Shepard doesn't want to and he's already a starter at another position?

10. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

Les would be forever riding his own pine if he did that. :shock: