Russell shepard CAN THROW! Play him!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by vesperiaLSU, Oct 24, 2010.

1. DoctorDave

DoctorDave Guest

I find it ironic that many of the people that say RS cannot play QB for LSU are the same people that are saying to get rid of Crowton.

2. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

How is that irony? Getting rid of Crowton has nothing to do with whether or not RS plays.

3. DoctorDave

DoctorDave Guest

He is the one that made the determination that RS could not play QB. How can we trust his judgement on this in the light of his other offensive decisions? You can't have it both ways.

4. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I say RS shouldn't be the QB, but it has nothing to do with the fact that Crowton sucks. I stated my reason. RS seems to rarely know the play, especially when at QB. Time outs nearly everytime he steps behind center last year. This year, he seems confused a lot of times with which route to run, who to block, where to line up, etc...even as WR.
    -
    And Crowton isn't the only one that made that determination...that RS couldn't play QB. EVERY single team that recruited him made that determination. Every one. LSU is the only one that gave him even a shot. You're trying to say that...because people think Crowton sucks and RS shouldn't play QB, that the two are related. They aren't. Crowton sucks whether RS is QB or not. Crowton just sucks. RS shouldn't play QB whether Crowton is OC or not. RS just shouldn't play QB. They are seperate issues altogether. There isn't any irony there.

5. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

No he isn't. Shep made that call himself. He asked Miles for the switch, and Miles asked him to give QB one more shot. Shep said he'd rather just get it over with and not waste anymore time.

6. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

As someone pointed out earlier in either this thread or another, following LSU sports is a full time job. If you are going to be informed you have to put in the work to know the correct information. Part time gives you answers like the one you responded to. Yes, you are correct Shep made the decision Miles and GC just agreed with it. :thumb:

7. DoctorDave

DoctorDave Guest

LSU is only using maybe 6 plays on offense. It is hard to believe that RS could not learn 6 plays.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

he sure didn't know what the hell he was doing coming out of a timeout on 4th down. and that was coming out of a time out. what's going to happen when he is on the clock?

9. LEGACY TIGER

The kid made the decision himself, it is a mute point. Whether he can learn the plays or not is irrelevant, he wants to use his athletic abilities for the position he is in. The kid is probably a lot more in tune with his wants and needs than any of us fans. Which oddly enough seem to be of the same opinion as every other program that was recruiting him, not as a QB but as an ahtlete. We were the one's that wanted to give him a shot.

10. LEGACY TIGER

Now I will say that I think everyone else would utilize him for a Wild Cat formation of sorts. Now here lies the problem with that, his inability to understand the O, an O line that can open the lanes for him, and WR’s that will block for him downfield. He is most dangerous when he gets into open space, the problem is getting him there. He doesn’t seem to be physical enough or big enough to get himself away from tacklers. So, you’re left with what we are doing with him, which is not much because they really can’t figure out how to utilize what talents he does possess. He kinda an anomaly for us. Possesses all the talent in the world to be dangerous, but lacks some of the basic characteristics to use them.