Russell Shepard is an admitted Tim Tebow fan

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerBait3, Mar 11, 2010.

1. DRC

DRC TigerNator

You cant help admire this kid because that kind of attitude is surely infectious. However, he has never played receiver before and nobody knows his potential at that spot. It remains to be seen how he develops and, more importantly, how we use him. That could be the biggest factor in what impact he has on the outcome of games.

I hope he shines but I am not going to place the same unrealistic expectations on him like many did last year.

2. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I spend a lot of time in KC. Dorsey has improved a bunch. His rookie season was really bad but he made a lot of progress in his second year. The problem for Dorsey is their scheme. KC runs a 3-4 and its not where Dorsey needs to be. He's too small for nose tackle. I believe they will trade him in the near future.

Jackson had a much better rookie season and plays his natural position in that 3-4. He's doing pretty well.

3. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

You are right, he hasn't played receiver. But, he's smart, I think he works hard, he wants his shot at the next level, and he's got wheels. I think he'll make it. Next Josh Reed???
    :geaux:

4. clair

clair Rockets

not if he wasn't open.

The fact of the matter is the injuries hurt him getting off the football, which meant he wasn't open very often.

Peterson > Dickson. at receiving (imo)

5. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Good points...the development and overall growth of the players are something that LSU needs to improve on.

6. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Definitely Dickson had some key drops..Peterson has the potential to be one of the top TE's when he comes out if the coaches develop him

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I think the coaches have done a great job so far with him. He has gained significant weight since the switch from WR to TE and he will need to keep adding the pounds to help him with his blocking. If he can grow and become an adequate blocker he could have a great career in the NFL one day.

8. arizonafan

arizonafan Veteran Member

Maybe next Percy Harvin?? We now have the Florida coach who coached Harvin and Shep has a lot of Harvin's speed and alhlitic ability. Why not? I'd like to have a Percy Harvin on our team.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Not overrated, just under-versatile. Dickson is a fine receiver but the QB couldn't get him the football. He just was never a top blocker and the NFL has little room for specialty tight ends.

10. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I agree but last year was different.

Hard to get in a rhythm with a TE who had to miss a majority of the practices the 2nd half of the season and when LSU was relying on him more for blocking given our line troubles and Dickson having a hard time getting off the line due to his injury.