Russell unchallenged as LSU QB (Interesting Read)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TejasTiger, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

WTF does that have to do with anything?

You can't find a game where it happened because it didn't.

I do know of situations where he would come in for one play in the middle of drives. Similar to what we did with Green and others in the past.

2. clair

clair Rockets

it has to do with everything, b/c you are saying it will never work, and it is stupid

and an SEC Champion coach did it, and it worked...

so apparently it isn't so bad

Jimbo also did it with Auburn when they had Craig.

3. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

Clair, this is a good opportunity for you to learn some skills for your new gig. Go find the facts to back up your statements. When did it happen? and what were the results?

I can't find an instance with UGA, didn't look at Auburn yet.

ANyway the point is this, not that it will never work as you say that I said, (which I didn't) , only that it is not a smart thing to do IMO and Jimbo's as well based on his statements.

BUt go research it. I hope you find something.

4. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I seem to recall Shockley coming into a number of games but dont exactly remember him coming into specific situations. Im not gonna waste my time looking it up though.

Quite frankly I dont think the situational stuff works all that great most of the time. Sure it does on occassion but not normally. I also dont think that JR would like it too much if he gets taken off the field when its time to score. J-Rock has a LOT of confidence, some would even say arrogance with the tatoo "Chosen One" on his arm, and is pretty head strong. I think it would disrupt his attitude and in turn the team chemistry if they start jerking him out on these big plays.

Bad idea, for the most part.

5. clair

clair Rockets

Well, this is a quote from Jimbo from media day when he was asked about it: "You're remembering my Auburn days. We used to do that there with Craig, and yes, it is something we have discussed here, and something we have looked at."

Note: this is paraphrased from my hand-written notes... it isn't word-to-word what he said

6. clair

clair Rockets

what you guys are too thick headed to realize is he WILL NOT be playing as soon as we get inside the 20...

If it is 1st and 10 at the 17, Russell WILL Stay in...

Perrilloux would just be like a 4th and goal at the 1 guy, or a 3rd and inches at the 11 guy to try to bootleg to move the chains.

Russell will still get 95% of the scoring chances