Russell unfazed by RP's signing and word's

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cajdav1, Feb 4, 2005.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

http://www.nola.com/sports/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-16/1107500271109990.xml

2. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

That's an interesting comment. It seems like that happened to Russell coming out of high school, so he should know what he is talking about. Hopefully, Russell has matured to the point of wanting to do whatever it takes this offseason to get better and be a leader this fall.

Should be fun to watch the QB battle...

3. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

I hope that's his true attitude. I like it. :thumb:

4. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I just don't think that Russell would act like some punk and let a kid and Flynn try to take his spot. I imagine he's going to fight tooth and nail to stay the #1 QB, and show some pride.

5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

This is going to be the turning point for Russell. I predict that he will work incredibly hard this spring and summer to be the #1 QB without a doubt by fall. If he doesn't make it as the #1 guy this year, he knows his pro career will not likely happen for him.

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Agree Stacey

7. smoovedog

smoovedog Founding Member

I think Russell will actually now get to show if he really cannot read a defense, or if he really was just not putting in the work he needed to. Flynn has still not had his shot, and RP has all the hype.

I look for FLYNN to be the starting QB next season for the Tigahs. As we proved with Mauck, we don't need a joe montana or a mcnabb running the offense with the plethora of talent we have at wr, ol and rb. We need someone with a brain who does not make mistakes. Plus Flynn is a much better runner than Russell. RP is mistaken if he thinks Flynn/Russell are garbage and he will just take their roster spots from them.

With that said, I trust that Miles will play the best guy and if they are all team guys, I am happy with either of them running the show that leads us to Pasadena....

:crystal::crystal::crystal::crystal::helmet::champs:

8. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

It's way too early to predict who will end up on top. To this point, none of the three have shown enough to be overly confident about their performances. Definitely optimistic though.

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Flynn showed good decisions when he has played I think. He hasn't shown his running ability, or his elusiveness in the pocket - he also hasn't proven his accuracy. I think these are the things that playing time on the field will help to develop and I really hope to see him play next season, wheher it's in mop up duty or whatever.

To much stock is being put into Perrilloux at this point in time. He's got a hellavu lotta potential, that's about all we know. We have to wait and see how he develops before anyone can truly comment on how good he is.

I think Russell gets more flack than he deserves about not being able to read a defense and not putting the time in. I agree that he needs to work harder and study film more, but I don't think these 2 issues are as big as some people are making them out to be. His main problem was tracing the one WR he wanted with his eyes which made him predictable and as he lost some confidence he started pointing the ball and underthrowing and then sometimes trying to force some things. I look for JaMarcus to be much improved next season.

10. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

I will be surprised if JR is not the guy we expected this year.