Russell unfazed by RP's signing and word's

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cajdav1, Feb 4, 2005.

1. FortWorthTiger

FortWorthTiger Founding Member

I think Russel's has figured out the work he needs to put in. He'll be ready to perform next year. I have no idea what P-lo's (by the way that's my new nick name for him, feel free to use it) ability to absorb instruction is, but the only chance P-lo has to start next year is to participate in Spring practice, which I don't think he is going to do. No one starts working with the team in August and is the starting QB in September. Not on a team trying to compete for championships. By midseason, who knows. Henne took over at Michigan and took them to the Rose Bowl.

2. Carface

Carface What the...?

Haven't heard if he can or can't practice with the team in the spring, but he is enrolling over the summer to get a head start in school, high school grades permitting.

3. raylsu

raylsu Founding Member

I think I recall reading that you must be enrolled in the school to participate in practice...all kinds of issues would arise if you let non-students participate in practice. If it were possible, then we'd see high school seniors on college practice squads all over the country. The liability alone is enough to know this really can't happen.

Summer school would allow him the summer to work out and study the play book...but too late for Spring Practice.

If I find a concrete source, I'll post it...but I don't think it can happen. :thumb:

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

You're correct, RP can't practice before he graduates from high school. No way. If he had graduated from high school early than he could practice with the team in the spring. UGA had 2 players do that last year.

The juco guys work out with the team in December before they attend class but they are enrolled and registered for classes I believe.

5. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

JR's comments impress me with confidence and maturity. I have high hopes for him this year. Plus I agree that Flynn could surprise. But is sure nice to have RP on board even though I will be extremely surprised if he contributes this year.

6. tigerfan25

tigerfan25 Founding Member

Before the end of 2006, I think that one of the 3 will transfer. Maybe even after this year. Dont be suprised if it is Russell or RP. RP is coming here to play, Russell is here to play, Flynn I believe will be satisfied with being the backup/Mentor.

7. Abuapu

Abuapu Founding Member

What makes you think that Flynn would be satisfied being the back-up?

8. msully

msully Founding Member

What we have is another qb who while in the huddle says" I am gonna throw it as far as I can .You catch it before they do Hut hut !" I still say Russell is not a starting SEC QB , unless LSU is going to be a more running team . Now that maybe where he will show off his great talents , throwing off the run . I do not care who is QB as long as he wins . His job to get the ball to the right player at the rigfht time and to lead the team to victory . GEAUX TIGERS !!! Remember it will be LSU and The Tennessee Vols playing in the SECCG this year !! ----ROCKY TOP'S SPORTS @@ Song of the year [/url