Russell

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TennesseeTiger, Feb 5, 2003.

1. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

I can't verify this, but a coworker just told me that there are rumors that Russell is being wooed to Tennessee by former Vol Tee Martin. Now, if this is true, wouldn't that be a recruiting violation? Just recently I heard on a local sports talk radio program that former players can't be involved in recruitment. Now, of course all of this could be moot because the caller to the show could be full of it.

Incidentally, the radio talk show is hosted by a Louisiana-born guy--Jimmy Hyams. He worked at LSU and for The Baton Rouge Advocate before coming to Knoxville.

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Is that really a recruiting violation ??? A former player talking to a recruit ??

3. I don't think thats anything to worry about. A local BR show is having an interview with Jamarcus and his coach on Thursday. I dont think they would be doing that unless he's committing. Also, someone on an FSU board said that Southern Sports Tonight said on Tuesday that he secretly commited to LSU at 6:30 yesterday. I think everything is good with getting him, I'll feel better after he actually commits though.

4. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

I don't know. All I know is Jimmy Hyams told a caller a while back that Tee Marting couldn't "recruit" Russell because former players aren't supposed to recruit for teams. I wouldn't think Tee Martin would be anywhere near Tennessee recruiting after the ordeal they just had.

5. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

hmmmmm it may be pure coincidence but last night during my night Kinesology class which is taught by the Asst Athletic Director for Football, his cell phone rang shortly after 630 and all he told us is things are real hectic since Wednesday is signing day, one of the current football players asked him who did we get but he wouldnt say anything. Maybe it's just pure coincidence.