Russian Hacks

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tiger in NC, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

The board has been eerily quiet about the news over the past week that the Russians not only hacked the DNC but did so to influence the election in favor of Donald Trump. This has been confirmed by the CIA, the FBI and the NSA. Trumps refusal to accept the intelligence findings coupled with his encouragement, during the election, for Russia to hack Clinton's e-mails and, further, his refusal to accept intelligence briefings pisses me off. To boot, today Trump all but said that the hacks served a greater good by ensuring Clinton couldn't win the race. Roughly 35,000 Americans died in Korea and another 55,000 in Vietnam, not to mention the hundreds of thousands injured or those killed in smaller conflicts over the past 70 years to beat back Russian aggression and to blunt the scourge of Communism from the Earth and, now, the President Elect has decided that somehow the Russians are friendlies. To boot, we now know that roughly 1/3 of Republicans have a favorable view of Vladimir Putin. What is wrong with these fucking imbiciles? Do they love this country? I have a hard time believing that one can be a patriot and support the interference of foreign governments into our election process, especially one which we spent decades beating back. I am interested to hear your opinions about this.

To be clear, I do not think this should invalidate the election. In spite of losing the election by 2.8 million votes he clearly won the electoral college and shouldn't be denied the Presidency. That said, if we learn, upon investigation, that Trump or his team had any collusion with the Russians then he should be impeached and imprisoned immediately. Today it may be the Russians hacking the DNC but next time maybe its the RNC and next time maybe its our voting machines.

Regardless, we need to retaliate and do so with the kind of force that will remind the God damned Russians that they are nothing.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Nothing has been confirmed.

Stop lying.

They 'surmise' that is what has happened. Completely different.

LSUTiga likes this.
  3. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Spot on. I swear it's like we're in animal farm.

Tiger in NC and GiantDuckFan like this.
  4. mobius481

Funny, now the CIA and FBI are wrong about things they say happened. You should stop lying, because NC is spitting the truth.

Tiger in NC likes this.
  5. kcal

kcal Founding Member

i think I heard on the news this am that the fbi notified the white house this was happening several months ago??

6. mobius481

Yes, and it was discussed months ago.

Tiger in NC likes this.
  7. Tiger in NC

Please don't patronize me. This is too serious for playing games, Izzy. You are not a dumb guy so stop pretending you are by playing the edges here. The CIA, FBI, NSA and 14 other security agencies do not go public with the knowledge that the Russian hacking was specifically intended upon influencing the election for Trump unless they are certain of it. Your refusal to admit as much is telling, and like I said, I have to question the patriotism of anyone who can think, even briefly, that perhaps the Russians hacking into our most sacred rights as Americans is alright. You mean to tell me that you'll raise hell and claim that our second amendment rights are under attack but wont raise your voice in protest of ANY foreign government sticking their nose in the right to vote? Even for all the people who have sacrificed their lives to preserve that right? Come on, man, that's just disgusting. As a veteran it turns my stomach to think we are at a point that folks like you are so desperate to have your way that you'll even turn a blind eye to a foreign government hacking our elections. If the shoe were on the other foot and we knew that the Russians hacked the election to favor HRC, you would be losing your minds right now.

mobius481 likes this.
  8. Tiger in NC

It was indeed brought up repeatedly. One of the reasons you probably missed the original story was because it came out the same day as the "Grab'em by the Pussy" video so it was buried. I brought it up many times on this forum, think I even started a thread about Trump's cozy financial dealings with Russian Oligarchs, and Trump himself actually called on the Russians to find Hillary's personal e-mails during a press conference and it was all over the news. The notion that this is a new story is one of the worst plays by Trump and furthers my suspicion of him. Like I said, Trump's inauguration should move forward but if we learn that he or his team colluded with the Russians then he should be impeached and imprisoned. God, I really, really hope that is not true. It would be incredibly hard on our country.

9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

While the hacks by the Russians is as troubling as can be, to leap the chasm of logic to infer that Trump or his minions conspired with the Russians is the stuff of wild illusion. Rather than leap into wild imaginings why don't you focus on the person most responsible (besides Putin & the Russians).

President Obama's surrender of all initiative to Putin is the root cause. Obama wanted his precious Iran deal so badly that he gave in to Putin on Syria, the Ukraine and avoided 'antagonizing his at all. This convinced Putin he could do anything he wanted. Putin has zero respect for Obama and through him the USA.

Frankly I don't like Trump's attitude to Putin and hope it was mainly to tweek Clinton and Obama in the campaign. Romney was right about Putin in 2012, Russia is an existential threat that needs to be dealt with. Trump needs to recognize that and treat Putin and Russia firmly.

COTiger likes this.
  10. Tiger in NC

Until he takes a more aggressive approach toward the Russians and Putin then it isn't wild illusion. I was very clear that I hope it is not the case as it would be horrible on the country.

I clearly have been, Winston. What have you missed?

Bull Shit. The Russians don't try to sway our election away toward Trump because they have enjoyed Obama's policies, which Clinton largely proposed to continue. Quit hiding behind Obama.

But he sure does want to end those economic sanctions doesn't he? He surely doesn't like it that the US is pumping oil out of the ground at a record pace either; it's devalued his only commodity other than arms sales.

I have hoped the same but the longer Trump goes without accepting the findings of the intelligence community and doesn't condemn the Russians he is begging for speculation.

Yes he was.

Yes and thank you for finally acknowledging it.