Russian issues

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUpride123, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

2. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

[​IMG]
    hey, this is serious,..hundreds of billions of lives are at stake

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Insects? That's the only living creature with that many of them living

4. GiantDuckFan

facts, phfft

Bengal B likes this.
  5. GiantDuckFan

Raids, warrants, and wiretaps: The Trump-Russia probe 'has reached a critical stage' and Mueller may announce criminal charges soon
    https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/09/19/raids-warrants-wiretaps-trump-russia-probe-critical-stage-mueller-may-announce-criminal-charges-soon/23214675/

..... the New York Times reported that Mueller told Trump's former campaign chairman Paul Manafort he was going to be formally charged with a crime following a raid on his Virginia home over the summer.

It is still unclear whether Manafort has already been indicted, and if so, on what charges. New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman was recently recruited by Mueller to help investigate Manafort for possible financial crimes and money laundering. The IRS's criminal-investigations unit has been brought onto the investigation to examine similar issues.

:cool: The first big domino in Donald Trump's Russiagate scandal is about to topple over,.. the question now is, will Manafort rat out Trump?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  6. kcal

kcal Founding Member

Ruh roh

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

So Obama did tap his wires.

8. GiantDuckFan

CNN says Manafort was wiretapped. Does that vindicate Trump’s Obama-spied-on-me claims?
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-wiretapped-me-claims/?utm_term=.43654d2acecf

[​IMG]Donald J. Trump
    ✔@realDonaldTrump

Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my "wires tapped" in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!
    ..... There are three elements here: 1) Trump's “wires” were “tapped”, 2) It happened at Trump Tower, and 3) Obama did it.

1,.. no indication that Trump himself was targeted by wiretapping
    2,.. Manafort did have an apartment at Trump Tower, so it's possible that location was, in fact, wiretapped.
    3,.. FISA warrants require sign-off from top Justice Department and FBI officials, but Trump was suggesting that Obama was personally involved.

:cool: so what?

9. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Ok GDF you know damn good and well why we should not use the power of the government for political gain and Obama was already guilty of using the irs so why wouldn't he use the justice department.

Bengal B likes this.
  10. GiantDuckFan

Maybe he did, I don't know. but the article I linked has to do with Paul Manifort,.. he is co-founder of a Washington, D.C.-based lobbying firm. Manafort often lobbied on behalf of controversial foreign leaders such as former President of Ukraine Viktor Yanukovych, former dictator of the Philippines Ferdinand Marcos, dictator of the former Republic of the Congo Mobuto, and Angolan guerrilla leader Jonas Savimba.

Lobbying to serve the interests of foreign governments requires registration with the Justice Department under the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA); however, as of June 2, 2017, Manafort had not registered. On June 27 he retroactively registered as a foreign agent

Manafort is under investigation by multiple federal agencies. The FBI has reportedly had an active criminal investigation on him since 2014 regarding business dealings while he was lobbying for Ukraine. He is also a person of interest in the FBI counterintelligence probe looking into the Russian government's interference in the 2016 Presidential election.

:cool: so el0,.. the FBI's been actively investigating Manifort since 2014, Obama wouldn't have given a shit about Trump back then,.. seems to me, the TTower surveillance was a continuation of the FBI investigation of Manifort,.. the DOJ publicly stated that Obama did not order or play a part in wiretapping Trump Tower,.. but believe what you will. I don't see why it matters,.. who cares about Obama anymore? I think it's just another Trump smokescreen.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017