Russian jet downed over Turkey

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by flabengal, Nov 24, 2015.

1. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

Unreal, if Turkey (NATO member) has shot down a Russsian jet what happens now?

I've got a very bad feeling about this. Obama's foreign policy incompetence has the world staring down the barrel of WWIII. Nice.

2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

Shit. That's bad.

Edit: watching the news and I do not think anything will come of this. I kinda like that the Turks have put Russia in their place for consistently monkeying around with airspace.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  3. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

Have to disagree with you there. I doubt tanks will be rolling over the Turkish border but the Russians will have some sort of reaction.

4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Interesting. This will put a lot of pressure on Putin. He's been beating his chest and rattling sabers and now he is faced with a put up or shut up moment. I think the Russian people and his ego will demand action. Will he have enough a hold on reality to find a way to check these two sources of pressure to take action?
    We will see how little (or much) influence and respect Obama has if, as he should, try to calm things down.
    Interesting times.

5. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

What exactly does Obama have to do with Turkey and Russia.
    Russia got what they deserved in this matter.
    If a bear takes a shit in the forest, Obama has something to do with it obviously.

6. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Agree. Unless Russia has some ulterior motive behind this. A provocation of some sorts? Testing boundaries? I don't know but it is obvious that the jet was warned several times but did not leave Turkey air space.

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

The airspace violation and repeated warnings is a clear issue. I hope Turkey can prove they gave those warnings. On the other hand, as they were parachuting down the ejected Russian pilots were shot by Turks using US supplied weapons.

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Depends. Did obama hand the bear a rabbit?

9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

He is the leader of the most powerful military on earth. Turkey is a NATO member as we are. The president's, ANY PRESIDENT's decision and position has a determinative impact. Russia's response could cause Turkey to call on NATO via treaty obligations.
    Watch out MM my post wasn't a criticism of Obama but an observation of the potential of the situation.
    Now that you've brought up our president's place in this be careful as you may get what you asked for.

10. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Turkey had the appropriate response, Obama gave an appropriate response, no one here scares me, especially when they spew ignorance.