Ryan Braun signed to only $5.6 million per year?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, May 15, 2008.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

what the hell?

First Hanley gets raped, now Braun.

These agents needs to be strung up.

2. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

no kidding.
    The smart move for Hanley would have been to sign with Boston for 2-3 times what he's getting now. :grin:

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

its a trend thats been happening lately. lots of the talented guys could wait a few years until they are free agents and sign for a bundle yet are taking the guaranteed money since its still plenty (aaron hill cost himself a fortune).

I like it actually.

the team has some serious risk as well. braun is only 152 games in his mlb career which is no guaranteed sample size for a baseball player.

i think within the last 2 years they locked up fielder, hart and weeks as well.

laporta is waiting for mike cameron to get shipped off. possibly the best bat in the minors.

they should trade him to an AL team so he can DH for a proven pitcher. maybe a sabathia trade before the deadline since im guessing the indians dont sign him.

4. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

I agree about the contract. Although I'm not sure about laporta as the best bat in the minors. I'd like to see him in AAA. I'd rather Bruce. Talent-wise, angel villanola may be the best.

5. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

i think it's better for the game in general for these "small market" teams to at least act like they're interested in competing. keeping a team together also makes it easier for the casual fan to follow than if they just trotted a fresh group of no-names every couple of years.

seriously though, if Julio phuckin' Lugo can get 9 1/4 mil from Theo, Hanley must have been worth at least 60 Billion.

6. tirk

this was bait for you to take on bruce. i had to do it.

so they say on villanola. last i checked he was struggling mightily but since hes still only 17 they arent worried.

yes but this meaningless success both florida teams are having isnt good. now they all think they can win the world series with AAA players.

astros included.

7. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

I have all the faith in the world the Devil Rays will a figure out a way to phuck this up.

8. tirk

kazmir will be on the shelf and percival will realize hes percival.

the bullpen is ready to realize they suck at any moment. maybe not suck but not nearly this good.

brewers are in the mix for freddie krueger tavarez along with the rockies now.

9. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

maybe they can package him together with Lugo. That combo should be worth at least a half eaten bologna sammich.

10. tirk

actually the rocks could use him with tulo out.

that tulo contract aint lookin so hot now. after that rookie of year bid last year, he was terrible all '08 til he got hurt.

i still think he'll be fine but thats the risk we were discussing. plenty of one-year wonders.