Ryan Clark former LSU player

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by charlie_c0756, Oct 31, 2009.

1. charlie_c0756

charlie_c0756 Founding Member

Has anyone heard the story on Ryan Clark who used to play for LSU and now plays for the Pittsburgh Steelers? He has the sickle cell trait and it almost killed him last year when he played in Denver. I guess the altitude complicates the illness. He's actually not decided if he'll make the trip to Denver. I'm shocked he's considering it. He's a stud in the defensive backfield for the Steelers and he's a real contributer to the team and the city of Pittsburgh.

Read the story here: On the Steelers: Clark's call to play in Denver

2. michee

michee Freshman

I've heard the story of about Ryan Clark and was wondering if he comes back to Louisiana to do speaking engagements? I have daughter who has the same diagnosis as he does. Is there any kind of way someone from the athletics department can get in touch with him to see if he would do a speaking engagemnt for the Baton Rouge Sickle Cell Anemia Foundation?

3. charlie_c0756

charlie_c0756 Founding Member

I can't find a website for Ryan Clark. However, I do KNOW that Charlie Batch is VERY proactive about these kind of issues. He does alot of charity and I'm sure he could send word to Ryan Clark. Here's his website: Best of the Batch Foundation
    Send a message with your request. Let him know the circumstance and reason for your request. I bet you hear from him after the season is over. Keep me informed, I'd like to know how it goes.