Ryan Clark says Joey B can make big time NFL throws

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tzanghi, Aug 15, 2019.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

@TigerTap Saints took Will Clapp last season, but their apparent disinterest in LSU players annoys me as well. But I can understand losing interest in a team. You mentioned being at the first game. My first Saints game in person was in '68 and I do remember it. Lost to the Cardinals when they blocked what would've have been a game-winning FG at the final gun. I grew up in nola and saw about 75 games in person before I saw my first live LSU game. Manning's debut, Dempsey's 63 yarder, the 20 minute delay of game by booing fans vs the Eagles, Dome debut....I was there for them all.

What I'm probably remembering about Debo is that it seemed to take a long time for them to "discover" him and use him full time. You're right, in his last season, he was a beast, but he seemed relegated to special teams before that year and I just knew he could do more.

I can get not just wanting to be a cheerleader, and I really think you don't have a whole lot of that in here. Hell, I was labelled a Sunshine Pumper for awhile. I'd say I was one of the last to jump ship on Miles. He accomplished more than perhaps any coach in LSU history. But by 2016 it was time for a change. Here's a great example of where you may differ with most people in here. You've been pointing out the Bama shutouts ad nauseum lately. No one can dispute that they've owned our offense since O's been at the helm. But here's the thing: in Miles' last 6 Bama games, we averaged 12 a game. Now shutouts suck, but you never seemed to want to admit that 12 wasn't getting it done.

Orgeron was the logical choice in the interim; he was the only guy on staff with HC experience. Was he the right choice to get the job permanently? Probably not, but Alleva got played on Jimbo and Hermann and we were stuck. I think he's played the hand he's been dealt, successfully in some case and poorly in others. I also have the feeling he'll be on a short leash with the new AD, but he'll be given a chance to succeed.

There are a few "agenda" driven fans in here (hey, I've coined a phrase). Hell, we probably all are to some extent. That doesn't mean we can't all be honest about what we're seeing "in the moment." That's what makes the game threads so great....people praise what works and criticize what doesn't. I mean, you may hate the coach, hate the coordinator, but when the offense if lighting up UCF in a bowl game, its OK to let us know you're enjoying it.

kcal, TigerTap and shane0911 like this.
  2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Hitting the sauce early I see

3. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

It is Friday.

shane0911 likes this.
  4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Its rare that he is out in front of me but damn, I'm not sure even I can catch him

tzanghi likes this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I have no idea what he said.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I wished.

shane0911 likes this.
  7. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

And then?

8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Buckle up it's going to be a fun season save your best insults for that.

tzanghi likes this.
  9. Brian

Brian Founding Member

I think you'll see the Saints acquire more Tigers that are under O than they ever did Miles. For whatever reason Payton and Miles didn't jive. I believe he wasn't impressed by much of the schemes in place back then. We'll see that shift. LSU's loaded currently with former Payton staff members from O to Greg McMahon to Joe Brady and now Bill Johnson.

Bengal B likes this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I don't think that not liking Miles would keep Payton from drafting the best available player at a position of need just because he played at LSU. It is puzzling that he has passed on some of those players that at least I thought fit that criteria. He seems to like Ohio State players and Belichick likes LSU players.