Ryan P does indeed make it official

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Tigerskin, Jul 26, 2004.

1. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

Cajdav... I agree. As of today Texas and Brown have obliviously said the right things. A month ago, everyone said he was a “lock” for the Tigers. He might very well end up Texas and if so there are much worse places a kid can go to play quarterback; however, he is young and it is still July. He can not sign till February and a lot can happen between now and then. Heck, this time last year how many of you were predicting a NC for LSU? Give Saban and this team time to come together and the recruiting season will take care of itself. RP is a young kid with his entire life in front of him and he and his family should make decisions only based on that criteria.

But I guess if we could not speculate... what football would we have to talk in July??

2. gboudx

gboudx Freshman

3. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

4. gboudx

gboudx Freshman

I grew up in Harvey, La. Lived in the Dallas area for 8 years after graduating from LSU. Moved to Prairieville last year, but am now moving back to the Dallas area. BTR just doesn't have the jobs for me. :(

5. Maderan

Maderan Founding Member

Tigerrag now has it posted that RP has commited.

6. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

A couple of thoughts:

Since he was just quoted less than 24 hours ago as saying that these rumors were false and he wasn't going to commit anytime soon, I say Texas is a great place for a half-truth telling, unpredictable, flaky kid who would act like this.

First Ricky Williams, now Ryan Perriloux.

Okay, that's a bit harsh, but going from "I won't commit for months" to "I commit to Texas" in 24 hours is pretty flaky to me.

Also, maybe Ryan just plain likes Austin and wants to get away for college. Many kids do, and Texas does have a nice program overall. That being said, Mack Brown has a terrible record of handling QBs. Ryan had better be all that and a bag of chips athletically, else he'll always be looking over his shoulder wondering if Mack is gonna pull him.

Finally, this early commit helps the chances of my HS alma mater's QB, Sean Santos, of getting offered by LSU. :thumb:

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I'll bet a bowl of gumbo to a bowl of chili that RP did not commit to Texas without an assurance that he would not be redshirted. Just my opinion but I feel the guy is on a self imposed fast track to the NFL and he doesn't want to delay the process a-tall.

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I'll back you on that one, he will not redshirt IMO.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I agree with not bashing these kids for handling some things the way they do but i also get tired of the blatant lying that goes on in the name of just being a kid.
    Sure, people can change their minds and are free to do what's best for them but to blatantly lie about your intentions or lack of, as you stated, is simply wrong. To be reluctant to commit until you're 100% sure is understandable....to say you won't commit for months then committing 24 hrs later is a joke. I guess im just repeating your exact post but it does say something about his character it seems.

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I just went there and it's not posted, their article about the hoax is still up. Boy, they are going to be a little miffed at RP for lying to them last night.

He's going to be on ESPN CHAT tomorrow to announce his committment, you can go to their site now and put in your question for him now if you want.