Ryan P. in Starkville today !

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tubadog, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Maderan

Maderan Founding Member

And he would never win anything. He wants to win people and I know he has a big head but do you think he actually believes that with him Miss St is a contender. I hope not because if thats what he thinks he will have a shrap learning curve ahead of him, consisting largely of a diet of sod as he is smacked repeatedly into the ground.

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Its a start with him, and they did beat UF and started playing better. Fact is pending the NCAA MSU could be pretty good in a short amount of time. Croom is a good coach and players like him.

3. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

He started it, as I recall. And transferred to Kansas, with no ramifications for his involvement.

I remember seeing Kansas play in an early regional in New Orleans, and the fans were absolutely merciless whenever Earl was on the floor. He hard arguably the worst game possible for a basketball player, with 0 points, a couple rebounds, and at least 5 turnovers. It was classic. :geaux:

4. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

There is not a 1% chance that he even thinks serioulsy about going to MSU

Down to LSU and Texas with Texas ahead.

5. Maderan

Maderan Founding Member

Yeah, but that game was a fluke for both FL and Miss State. We had trouble with FL and destroyed Miss St. With pending NCAA probation or penalties a top recruit going here is like betting on a 2 in craps. He would have little line support and little in the way of a backfield and no one to pass to. Unless he is writing off his first year in hopes that his star power would allow Miss St to bring in top recruits to play with him next year (a BAD idea, esp. when combined with the NCAA stuff). If he does go there then he is afraid of competion (not the case I believe due to his complaints about the AA bowl practices were they stated there would be a QB rotation and no comp. for the job) and truely doesn't care about winning (not the case I believe as he has stated several times that he wants to be in a place he can win/be a part of National/conference titles) and just wants to play for a guy he likes (coach Croom).

This is just not probable to me, it would fit in with the shock comments, but would not be a well thought out decision (which is also the result of his brothers research and influence). I posted that the shock aspect of the whole thing could come down to RP bringing Rouse with him to LSU (something no one suspects as all talk of a package deal between them has centered on UT) and I believe this is a possibility.

6. BB

BB Founding Member

I ran into Lester Earl the other day. He let me take his picture and he said to tell everyone hello...

[​IMG]

7. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

no offense, but i dont see how such a highly touted recruit can visit starkville and actually walk away giving it consideration. that's seriously one of the most dull, boring towns i've ever been to.

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Maybe the planned a hoot nanny(?) for today to liven it up a bit. :)

9. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Yeah...it's the perfect "kick in the junk" scenerio.... Hope it doesn't happen.

10. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

I missed this one in the online edition somehow today. Didn't realize there was an article in the Clarion Ledger on it until this afternoon. A few of the highlights:

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050119/SPORTS030102/501190372/1025