Ryan Patterson

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Thibodaux Tiger, Mar 19, 2005.

1. Thibodaux Tiger

Thibodaux Tiger Professional Lurker

Is Ryan Patterson on a tear or what? he has hit 7 home runs in his last 4 games which brings his total to 9 in 20 games. stavinoha is no slouch either with 5 on the season. looks like the long ball is back this year guys. :thumb: Against Arizona State they connected on 4 straight homers. A first in the programs history, a first like that in this program's rich history really says something. I know they dropped a couple early in the season but i like where we are headed now. :geauxtige

2. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Amen podnuh, I like it too! As solid as our starting pitching and defense has been, I like the fact that we're starting to hit the ball. In a few weeks as we start rolling with momentum... we'll be unstoppable

3. clair

clair Rockets

I wouldn't mind seeing us beat Tulane 11-2 in the next meeting myself! :)

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Well goody. LSU is winning and everybody's happy and we're frolicking in the meadows and tossing daisies. Lose a couple though and "Smoke's not the answer". :dis:

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Common man, lighten up. Don't knock the backers because of the doomsayers. We should be happy and we should give Patterson and Nick their due. I just hope we see the entire team lighting it up at the right time this year. And the guy I am really liking right now is Hollander. To do what he is doing as a true freshman is fabulous. He's setting the table and playing good defense. Gill in the whole at third is a major coup because of this kid as well.

Neither one of them had a great day yesterday but that's baseball.

6. SabanFan

I should have clarified that the post was directed at cgisclair.

7. clair

clair Rockets

Dude grow up!

Just because I am not the biggest Laval fan, you think that I am not an LSU baseball fan?

Hell, I hope we win them all and he proves to be the best LSU baseball coach ever!

Gosh! if someone don't agree w/you on 100% of the topics discussed, you go all crazy... much like a 5 year old! :)

8. SabanFan

Peaks and valleys. You'll learn how to handle them as you get older.

9. u r tigerbait22

u r tigerbait22 Founding Member

Now that u guys have started a thread about Patty (ryan). i think i'll share this with you guys. As I've posted before, I attend many baseball games b/c we have season tickets. I attend AT THE VERY LEAST one game per home series. The section that we sit in is right where the Tigers pass to get onto the field. I love to get to the game early, to chat with the players, watch warmups, and just get into the college baseball atmosphere. Anyways, by now the players know me by name so here it is now that u have the background info...

During the 30-whatever pounding that A. State was putting onto W. Illinois, I was walking over to the concession stand to get a Sprite, and as i was walking pass the LSU lockerroom, i heard my name being called. I looked over and Ryan was calling me to where he was standing. So we talked for a few minutes, mostly just about everything. Before I walked away, I asked him to "hit a homer for me tonight". He said, "you know it". Anyways, this was the 2nd night in a row that he connected for 2 homers. Since then, he's hit 7 longballs in 4 games. I know its not due to our conversation, but I thought it was neat to share w/ u fella's.

(by the way, if he continues on the streak, i don't plan to talk with him before Friday nights game against Auburn, or Saturday, and i'm not going Easter Sunday.):geauxtige