Ryan Perilloux and Texass

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by MiketheTiger69, Apr 4, 2004.

1. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

Played golf last wednesday (4/1) with a big Texass fan and he said they are certain they are going to get Ryan. I asked Dandy Don what he thought and he said he is fairly certain that he will sign with LSU. He said he goes to all the practices and believes he is already better than either Flynn or Russell.

Anybody have a take on this?

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

This is going to be a tough one. IMO Perilloux wants to be a Tiger, but if one of the Freshmen wins the starting job at some point in the season and shows he has the talent to lead the team it would be hard for him not to shop around for a better situation. As far as Texas fans thinking they have him already thats just wishful thinking. They better be pulling for one of our freshmen to step up big.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I think your logic is right on. If one of these freshmen for LSU just lights it up big time and is the best thing since sliced bread, then look for Ryan to bolt somewhere else. I wouldn't necessarily say it would even be Texas. He would be sitting 2 years there as well.

4. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

You have to look at the "leave-early" factor. If one of the freshmen does light it on fire as you say, then the chances are, they won't be here for four years...which would open the door for a spot for Perrilloux...hopefully.

5. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

Texas University fans are looking for a savior, and they have been known to talk really big about recruits, but lately they have fallen short. I may be wrong, but I do not think TU got one out of state recruit this year. Plus, look at Mack Brown's track record with QB talent (Applewhite, Simms, now Vince Young). The guy is not a developer in this position.

If he does not choose LSU, look for him to go to Miami. He has a former teammate or two there from ESJ.

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

USC is also big into the mix for RP

and that has me a little worried but he has been to almost all of the spring practices this year and has been hanging out with Early so hopefully we have a pretty good lock on him.

7. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

vince young will be gone before russell & flynn

unfortunately, if one of them is a superstar i don't think ryan will want to sit the bench is first 2 or possibly 3 years with russell/flynn only sophomores when he comes in

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

That's true but he would have to go to a place like Auburn or Bama if he doesn't want a great QB ahead of him, all of the great programs will have a stud QB ahead of him.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

If one of our freshman QB's is a superstar, that is not unfortunate and I don't care how promising a high-schooler looks. A bird in the hand, guys.

10. alaman

alaman Founding Member

LSU is so far ahead it is no contest. Texass is dreaming. He is an Early clone when it comes to recruiting-taking visits but LSU bound. Take it to the bank and relax.