Ryan Perilloux and Texass

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by MiketheTiger69, Apr 4, 2004.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

alaman, I took it to the bank and they looked at me like I was crazy!!!! :wink:

But I agree withg ya, he is bonding with the Tigahs, will probably work out over the summer with Doucet, Davis, Bowe, etc. and by the time he's ready to let thew world know he will anounce he will be a Tiger.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Overloading talent is an old formula for success. Quarterbacks come and go. Last spring we had five quarterbacks in the mix. Four are gone now.

Russell openly talked of going pro after his sophomore or junior year while he was being recruited. He may be more realistic now, but I'm sure Perrilioux is assessing the potential for the current quarterbacks to be here very long. He's also looking at recievers, I'll bet.

Nick talked Russell into coming here when we already had Lane and Flynn signed. He can do it again.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Ryan's own words

From tiger Rag:

http://louisianastate.theinsiders.com/2/251027.html

Ryan Perrilloux Perrilloux Eyes the Tigers
    By Sonny Shipp TheInsiders
    Date: Apr 12, 2004

Nick Saban made it clear that he plans on bringing in at least one top rated quarterback in his 2005 signing class. The bull's-eye on LSU’s wish list appears to be Reserve (La.) East St. John’s Ryan Perrilloux and for good reason.

Ryan Perrilloux could very well be the best signal caller in the South and the entire country for that matter. He lives about an hour from the LSU campus and that close proximity gives Saban a little bit of an advantage that other coaches don’t have.

The 6-2, 195-pounder has been spotted at a few of LSU’s practices thus far this spring and The Insiders asked him what he thought about the Tigers’ offense.

“I like what I’ve seen so far,” Perrilloux said. “They run a real good offense that is not that complicated. The offense is based around the quarterback and that is what I like.”

Perrilloux is looking for an offense similar to the one he has operated in the last three years.

He is a dual-threat quarterback who has put up some big numbers over the last two years in a shotgun offense. He has accounted for more than 6,000 total yards and 75 touchdowns and those numbers have made quite an impression on college coaches all across America.

“I’m pushing 40 offers,” Perrilloux said. “I’ve got offers from the whole SEC, the ACC, and most of the Big 12 and Pac 10. Right now I’m wide open because I like everybody.”

There has been some mention that Texas was leading for Perrilloux’s services but he set the record straight.

“Texas is at the top with LSU and USC but like I said before I’m wide open,” he said.

4. alaman

alaman Founding Member

Takes the pressure off. No problem