Ryan Perrilloux - play clock

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JoeReckless, Oct 12, 2007.

1. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

If they werent running him in&out this wouldnt be a problem when He started there was no problem. Some of the times they would switch the QBs very late in the play clock. Also it seems like both QBs never really get comfortable. One time Perrilloux and Flynn were switching and they told Perrilloux to stay in .Just like Mauck said they should do it sometimes as a series switch not play by play. He doesnt just affect Perrilloux it affects Flynn also from them getting into a rhythm.

2. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Critics said the same thing about Florida last year when they would put Tebow in for a play or two and not an entire series. That worked out pretty well for them, don't you think?

1 person likes this.
  3. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Seems to work to me...as long as the timing isn't an issue. I think it's better doing it this way because the defense doesn't have a chance to prepare for the play. Think about it...RP's in...they'll probably run the option...but he can throw with the best of them. Wait...now MF's in...who knows what they'll do!:eek: Kinda like the way we rotate RB's in and out. It worked for UF last year...to the tune of :crystal: ...so I say give it a go...it seems to work for us, too.

I don't think people are really bashing RP in this thread...but he definitely needs to pay closer attn to the play clock when he's in. He should be prepared at all times, and be able to step in and do the job. He's an awesome weapon, and will accomplish great things at and for LSU...this is just OJT, if you will. Mistakes are part of learning, and he is learning. It's all good.:thumb:

2 people like this.
  4. destrehan

destrehan Founding Member

you are in no place to tell me what i know about football so refrain from thinking you are. and i'm not in here "acting". yall just don't know how to deal with people who speak their mind instead of being "pc" for everyone.

5. destrehan

you can always find a few instances for your argument but he's been throwing into coverage all year.

1 person likes this.
  6. pjnchamps

Were not Florida though and Timmy did get some series and drives last year just saying sometimes it should be a series switch not play by play for both players' benefit. Timmy really couldn't throw last year compared to what Perrilloux can do with his arm eventhough he did throw for some TDs last year.

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Red can tell you anything he likes.

I agree with Red, you still havent showed much knowledge of football since you have been here.:shock:

1 person likes this.
  8. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Sorry, I was helping Destrehan. He either forgot about all of these games, or isn't quite swift enough to figure it out.

Truth hurts doesn't it

If your mind wasnt so feeble, you could speak it without getting bashed.

9. pjnchamps

ALL in ALL as long as WE are WINNING I'm for it no matter what. If it gets us to our goal :crystal: lets Do it. Im even for us doing the "WildCat" formation with Early if he's healthy plus he has a arm also.

10. destrehan

it's feeble-minded of you to think flynn gives us the best chance to win.