Ryan Perrilloux - play clock

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JoeReckless, Oct 12, 2007.

1. khounba

khounba Founding Member

I'm confused with your analogy. Is TF the Mob? Are you the kid?

2. destrehan

destrehan Founding Member

it doesn't surprise me that you're confused with it.

3. LSUgirlinTx

LSUgirlinTx Is it game time yet?

This whole ordeal (and the quality poster thread) has this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoMmbUmKN0E

written all over it.

destrehan, I'm just waiting for you to pull a I'm a MAN! I'm 40! out on us.

4. khounba

khounba Founding Member

It doesn't surprise me that you avoid answering another question.

1 person likes this.
  5. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

America is doomed because Flynn is starting? RP took his ball and went home? You got an infraction for letting the playclock wind down? Our best chance to win is if you get banned?
    Your posts are all starting to bleed together.

2 people like this.
  6. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

Well I think we got a little off track on this thread. I am also about two good single malts into the evening. As far as setting up future plays – I don’t think using up time outs they way we have is a tactic – it is just a result of a young QB with great talent learning the ropes.

My two cents is that RP is LSU’s QB of the future. He has a lot of God given talent and great physical skills. But I think he is still learning the game at the college level. He is also still earning the respect of his teammates and coaches.
    He seems to have overcome or has made strides to overcome, what I perceive to be his biggest downfall – attitude.
    He came in declaring he was the best and would start ahead of everybody.
    It is great to have a positive attitude by you can be too cocky when it comes to a team sport. You can alienate the guys you will need to perform at the upper levels – your teammates.
    He has been the source of unnecessary distractions for this team over the last two years.
    But he has shown that he understands the problems and appears to be working to repair the damage, to learn the game and to develop his skills.

Right now, I think Matt Flynn has a more complete understanding of the LSU offense and of the abilities of his teammates. Matt has great talent, but maybe not as great as RP. But Matt understands the game, the system and he is aware of the abilities of those around him and how to use those abilities to advance the team. RP is still learning and will be a great one in his time.

As far as being in a two QB system, I am old enough to remember another great LSU QB who did well in a two QB system – Bert Jones.

So give RP time to develop – if we do that he will be a memorable QB at LSU. My impression is that is what the coaching staff is doing every game – developing RP’s skills, helping him understand how to use his talent and his teammate’s talent to the best advantage, earning the respect of his teammates and grooming him to be the great QB he has the talent to become at LSU.
    :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule:

7. LSUNYC2007

LSUNYC2007 Founding Member

Ryan Perrilloux is definitely learning the game and will continue to get better as the season goes on. Miles should let him throw the ball because he is SMART also and not just a talent running option plays.
    :lsup: