Ryan Perrilloux Status - Combined Threads

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GEAUX TIGERS, Mar 25, 2008.

1. clair

clair Rockets

Re: Ryan Perrilloux back on team per Buddy Songy

It had a lot less to do with being wrong or right than it does amaze me.

It's like the county fair. You go to the county fair and see the lowest of the low in your town and wonder where these people live the other 11 months in the year.

Where do these trolls post the other 11 months of the year? :grin: and what is the hard-on about posting when stuff is wrong.

I'll leave the mysteries to Matlock and get back to my studying. :)

2. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Parish fair, coonass.

Matlock has been struggling ever since Conrad McMasters left him. It would be a risky hire.

3. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Doesn't take Einstein to figure out that Miles wouldn't cut him, it only takes a dude who wears boxers over pajama pants. :hihi:

4. clair

clair Rockets

:grin:

5. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I know, right? I mean it's not like he's set a precedent of getting suspended for off-field issues...

:insane:

So you feel that off-the-field issues will no longer be an issue? You are the definition of optimistic as RP has done nothing to prove that his head is where it needs to be. The guy has been full of himself before he ever set foot in Baton Rouge.

1st time = Shame on you.
    2nd time = Shame on me
    3rd time = WTF?
    4th time = _________________

6. clair

clair Rockets

the only thing he has ever been proven of doing in the eyes of the law are:

missing a class and attending a bar in which there was a fight.

being you're doing lists, this will be the backup QBs attempts this year.

1st pass= incomplete
    2nd pass= batted at the line
    3rd pass= overthrow open man
    4th pass= intercepted

I am all for getting them in during the blowouts, but they are far, far, far to inconsistent right now to contribute in the grind of the SEC.

7. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Fair enough. I'm just super-glad that RP is back on the team. If the kid gets it together, he'll be one of the best QB's we've ever seen at LSU (if not the best).

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

thats rather surprising given your usual positive outlook on things.

1 person likes this.
  9. clair

clair Rockets

The NFL is so gun-shy that PacMan Jones has 7-10 teams currently lined up to potentially trade for him.

So gun-shy that in a year or two, Mike Vick will be playing RB for someone.

So gun-shy that Cecil Collins played for 1-2 years.

That Ricky Williams is still on a roster.

You get the point.

1 person likes this.
  10. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I agree with most of your argument but your post reflects what I have seen from many people when discussing RP. He was never arrested but they were 4 minor offenses have built up over the past 2 years and he was cleared of 2 of them. I feel that RP came to LSU understanding he would be in the spotlight but he has handled it poorly. He needs to understand that just being with the wrong crowd with his stature is going to be magnified by everyone.

I agree he needs to act like a leader on and off the field but based on conversations I have had with people who are with the team on a daily basis RP is actually still considered a leader on the field. He brings a spark and confidence that other players feed off of. Hester also mentioned this just the other day in an article.

Another thing that one or two posters on RP threads here and on other boards dont realize about the latest suspension is the timeline. RP and many others were not attending classes over the past few months or so but when the news leaked RP was the only one called out until Miles made the rest of the team follow suit. Miles would have diciplined him like all the others until the news got out. RP was not the cause of others not attending classes because it was an on going problem with most of the team. However, RP still should have known that by not calling the coaches and teachers about not making classes because of his father's death would only bring more attention to himself more so if the same thing happened with another player.

I know he made his bed and he needs to sleep in it. However, as I pointed out his actions have been overblown by many fans. The number of minor incidents is the main concern. I trust Miles and his decisions on RP and if it blows up in his face I am sure he will still not regret his decisions.

All RP can do now is to use that confidence that has worked for him on the field and has gotten him into trouble off the field and redirect it to prove to everyone what kind of man he is and will become. I will be pulling for RP all the way.

1 person likes this.