Ryan Perrilloux story - merged threads

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Crip*TEAM KATT, Feb 18, 2008.

1. khounba

khounba Founding Member

Here is your boy Glenn's take Clair. Guess he doesn't care if Pittman is his new room mate.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008803030317

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

never pass up a chance to bash miles either. :rolleye33:

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

"But maybe therein rests the problem. Perhaps Perrilloux thinks there's no way Miles will kick him off the team now. He's the only seasoned quarterback LSU has. So he can do whatever he wants."

come on Mr. Guilbeau, you have more sense than that.

or maybe you should just stick to writing about La. Tech sports. I think their badminton team has some kinda controversy going on (something about their shuttlecocks not being regulation, I assume you know a lot about cocks).

4. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Guilbleau has once again painted himself into a corner. If RP straightens up, G is wrong. If he screws up again, CLM will kick him off the team and G will be proven wrong again. What a D-bag, I am now dumnnerr for reading that article.:rolleye33:

5. Gregatron

Gregatron Founding Member

I think one thing that a lot of people are missing is that Ryan Perrilloux is part of the team, and maybe his teammates WANT him to get another chance. The team is well aware of the fact that their chances of success next year (defining success as a BCS or other high profile bowl game) are lessened greatly without RP. The team needs him.

Think about it this way: Who is RP to make relatively minor screw ups and sabotage the 2008 season? If he did something violent or more extreme (like we see at Tenn, UF or Bama), then it's obvious you have to throw him off. If he is less integral to team success then maybe (and I stress maybe) he should be given less leeway. But on a series of somewhat minor screw ups, who is RP to interfere with a chance at success?

Of course, LSU's football team is not a democracy; CLM runs the show (as he should). But that does not mean that both the opinions and the interests of the team should not be considered in what to do in this situation (something CLM is surely also aware of).

Decisions like this cannot be made in a vacuum. The team means something! Calling for RP's head might make some of us feel morally superior, but they do not consider the thoughts and feelings of a lot of football players that are dedicating their lives to make LSU football successful. They deserve better than short sighted decisions based arbitrary standards of discipline. They need RP -- and poor, but minor decisions by RP should not determine their fate. RP has no right to do that to them!

2 people like this.
  6. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

I saw this article for what I believe it is, an indictment of CLM. I felt like CLM was the subject of at least half the sentences in that article (sorry not going to give it a second hit to confirm) and for good reason. Guilblow will take any shot he can at CLM even it means scapegoating him for RP's off-field decisions, "believe it". :nope:

1 person likes this.
  7. Gregatron

Gregatron Founding Member

Good thoughts. The tone of that article was unduly negative, and seemed to have a "cheap shot", "player hatian" quality to it. Plus the guy is flat out NOT a good writer. There are several posters in this forum who would make better sports writer imo.

I am a big fan of CLM's position regarding this matter: "the press does not get a vote." I know it's been said a lot in this thread, but I will echo the sentiment: CLM will make the correct decision in this matter. I have complete confidence in the man regarding these kinds of decisions.

8. Kajun4LSU

Kajun4LSU Founding Member

Again I disagree. We should not have a win at all cost university. Usually you wind up on probation with that attitude. Also having certan rules for some players and a different set for your back up players is a good way to breed discension. Teams have been known to fall apart when punishment is not handed out evenly.

9. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

Doesn't matter, he'll just act like he never wrote it. He just won't mention it again. He's a tool.

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Sonny from scout believes Ryan will be back by the 10th practice of Spring, which I guess would be end of next week or so?