Ryan Perrilloux story - merged threads

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Crip*TEAM KATT, Feb 18, 2008.

1. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

You said:

So yes, he obviously knows more than you about what happened.

1 person likes this.
  2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I'm assuming you're speaking in terms of the context of the thread and referencing QB's who've already gone through their first year but for early enrolless it makes a huge difference for them to be able to start learning the system, plays, techniques, etc. especially like in Barksdale's case where he was switching sides last year.

The biggest advantage is that it keeps our kids thinking football and also provides a starting point for the "Next" team to start gelling without the leaders from the last season in the mix.

I'm a sentimental ol fool and even in HS when we'd come back the next season and don't see that upperclassman who was the hoss catcher or a great leader, even moreso, a friend who ran out on the field with you each time you did . . . it's kinda sad at first til the new team gets it's on identity and new friendships are made with the new players who weren't there.

3. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Oh gosh...can't fault him there. Just hearing Geo 1001 makes my eyes glaze over...and that's been 25 years ago.

Look out...your preposition is dangling. :D

Now that I've had my fun...read between the lines here. May be nothing...

http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/16380071.html

I don't know...the question is if he means "probably going to be young" includes Perrilloux or excludes him. Probably, to me, seems like they will be going a different route...but I read too much into things sometimes.

[​IMG]

4. roygu

roygu Founding Member

“We already have put it in our heads that since the quarterback is probably going to be young, "

If he was including RP in his statement then he would have said "quarterbacks are going to be young". "Probably" means to me that he is not expecting RP to retun.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Most of us don't, yet most of us have invented an explanation and formed an opinion.

Actuaally such suspensions happen regularly and have for decades. Team rules are there for a reason and players break them and get susupended all the time.

Indeed.

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Word is RP should be back at practice this week or immediately after spring break.....

7. clair

clair Rockets

right after everyone else is punished for missing classes, too...

does this all begin to make sense to anyone?

yeah, he will be the QB for one of the teams for the spring game as it is designed right now.

Perrilloux QB for one team
    Lee/Hatch splitting for the other.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

All of this hullabaloo will be over soon.

Thank goodness.

We have a real nice burial plot for this thread.

9. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Which makes the purpose of the original suspension what, exactly? Seems like Miles will get more flack for this than if he had just not suspended Perrilloux at all...

10. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

Why don’t we let Okie put a stake in its heart NOW and concentrate on the Lady Tigers NCAA run and baseball ----

:tigbas: :geauxtige