Ryder Cup USA vs Europe Friday thu Sunday

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by COTiger, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The word Golf was coined as an acronym for Gentlemen Only-Ladies Forbidden

Golf spelled backwards is flog. Seems like an accurate description for the way I play

2. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Right, but I think it'll be closer than is being predicted. Upsets happen, and it is so much sweeter when no one is expecting it.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

We could technically be out of it by the time the singles matches start. It could be that brutal.

But yeah, fuck the foreigners.

Pinko commie bastards.

Bengal B likes this.
  4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Speaking of golf, I had the best ball striking round of my entire life. Shot a 5 over par 77, with 37 brutal putts. I did not have a single wtf shot the entire round.

Oh yeah, 14 greens in regulation (plus one on the fringe and 2 others within 5 yards of the green). 14 pars, 2 bogeys and 1 double bogey. At one point I had 9 straight GIRs and 9 straight pars.

I striped a 165 yard 6 iron to within 1 1/2 feet of the cup. And missed the birdie.

If I ever learn to chip and putt.....

shane0911 likes this.
  5. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

The only advantage we have is at the top. But come Friday morning, the Scots and the rest of the Euro's are going to boo Tom's ass and forget he ever won multiple Clairet jugs.

But I'm not sure Tom's experience and leadership can overcome can overcome the difference in on the course talent. NBC is damn sure hoping he can, otherwise they are going to take a financial bath.

6. COTiger

During Phil's session with the media today, he tossed a zinger at McIlroy & McDowell.

Asked about the perceived lack of chemistry due to infrequent victories for the United States in the Ryder Cup, the five-time major champion had a ready retort.

"Well, not only are we able to play together, we also don't litigate against each other, and that's a real plus, I feel, heading into this week," Mickelson quipped.
    Mickelson said it with a smile and was clearly joking, but the comment hits home."

http://espn.go.com/golf/rydercup14/...ean-team-rory-mcilroy-graeme-mcdowell-lawsuit

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  7. COTiger

The pairings are out for tomorrow mornings four ball (best ball matches)

• Match No. 1 (2:35 a.m. EDT): Bubba Watson and Webb Simpson (USA) vs. Justin Rose and Henrik Stenson (EUR)
    • Match No. 2 (2:50 a.m.): Rickie Fowler and Jimmy Walker (USA) vs. Thomas Bjorn and Martin Kaymer (EUR)
    • Match No. 3 (3:05 a.m.): Jordan Spieth and Patrick Reed (USA) vs. Stephen Gallacher and Ian Poulter (EUR)
    • Match No. 4 (3:20 a.m.): Keegan Bradley and Phil Mickelson (USA) vs. Sergio Garcia and Rory McIlroy (EUR)

Very interesting. Particularly matches #1 & #4.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Aren't there 12 members on each team? What do the other 4 golfers do? Sit on the bench?

9. COTiger

Yes, 4 sit for the 4 matches Friday & Saturday. All 12 play in the singles matches on Sunday.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i think we got a punchers chance. i hope spieth and reed (top 5 player per him) kick that spaniards and ronald mcdonalds ass.

ParadiseiNC likes this.