S Ray Ray Armstrong

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Mar 25, 2008.

1. tboy

tboy Founding Member

Re: Ray Ray Armstrong

Scout lists him as 6-3, 220lbs. Who can say what his weight is, but he does run and hit as if he is pretty strong at the high school level.
    We need Ray Ray for the name alone. Him and Barkevious Mingo could definitely make the all name team. Now if we could only find a Pookie to recruit.:grin:

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Little FYI,

Mingo's nickname is KeKe.

So KeKe and RayRay busting asses and taking names later.

3. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Reading that article Bhelm posted in the Debose thread, I found out that Ray Ray's name is * Aravious Armstrong *. That is an awesome name for a football player.

He looked awesome in their state championship victory. 114 yards rushing on 21 carries (including a 26-yard TD run), 98 yards passing on 6 throws (including 40-yard TD pass).

4. islstl

Aravious - Barkevious
    Ray Ray - Ke Ke

I feel like I'm doing the show we all watched as kids with the 2 silhouettes spelling out words.

5. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

Ray Ray looked like a man amongst boys at some instances last night, right now I am happy with Debose (assuming we get him) but I would love to have Ray Ray as well.

6. tboy

tboy Founding Member

This just keeps getting better and better. I love it.

7. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Rivals gave him a nice write-up based on what they saw in practice for the Under Armor AA game:

ATH Ray Ray Armstrong, 6-4/218, Sanford (Fla.) Seminole

ASSETS: Height, ball skills, and overall athleticism.

AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT: Honing in on one position at the next level. He is currently playing safety but his body screams OLB or WDE.

WHAT WAS MOST IMPRESSIVE IN PRACTICE: One of the best looking prospects physically at this event, easily in the top two or three players.

CONCLUSION: Armstrong is a potential difference maker on the defensive side of the ball. He can cover a lot of ground and has some serious ball hawking skills. Look for him to play early in his career.

8. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

This week, at the UA All-American practices, Armstrong told Rivals that:

"(I want to play) safety," the 6-foot-3, 218-pounder said. "I like roaming around and making plays and being free. You are not balled up in one spot and have to do too much to make a play. I just like to be free."

With top-safety prospect Loston coming out and announcing he is going to LSU at the UA All-American practices today, will this make it less likely that Armstrong will pick LSU when he announces his decision on Sunday?

9. houtxbengal

houtxbengal Founding Member

I don't know, but good point.

It doesn't appear as though we will be hard-pressed for DBs or WRs after this recruiting class. We already have some talent in the stable at those positions, now.

Too bad Armstrong isn't interested in LB. :lol:

10. islstl

But we are actually very thin at Safety going into 2010.

McCray, Taylor and Coleman will be long gone. Chad Jones will have a make or break year in 2009, who knows what happens to him come 2010.

Francois (the safety) is on the way out from many reports.

That leaves only Hatcher and probably Chad Jones. Duplessis I think projects as a safety as well.

The cornerbacks we have too many of actually. I don't know if any can bulk up and convert to safety. Peterson is already the right size but is too damn good at CB to move him.

I would be shocked if LSU wouldn't take both Myles AND Armstrong.