Saban agrees to be new Ford Spokesperson

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BayouBomber, Jul 9, 2004.

1. BayouBomber

BayouBomber Founding Member

I never thought I'd see the day...especially after the Dinardo debacle. But Saban has agreed to this. He will represent the 78 dealerships along the Gulf-Coast. I dont have a problem with this, more power to Coach Saban for using his status to capitalize. I am, however, shocked.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Suddenly, I love my F150 even more.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

So should I scrape the sticker of Calvin pissing on a Ford off the back window of my Chevy Silvarado? :lol:

4. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

Saban or any other coach should have the option to increase his income as long as his coaching doesn't suffer. I really did not mind Dinardo doing it either.

Just wish he would not have picked Ford. But "Show me the Money!!"

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Dinardo's demise had nothing to do with his restaurant or endorsement of products it was the lack of brain cells that did him in.

6. Ralph_Wiggum

Ralph_Wiggum Founding Member

I'm a little surpised, but he must have gotten some pretty good money and deals on cars. He seems like a football only guy, but he's been pretty good about getting as much money as he can so this fits.

Stuff like this though makes me think he may eventually go to the NFL. Guys like Ditka, Gibbs, Parcells, and Reeves made some serious cash doing endorsements.

7. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Don't tell the democrats... :rofl:

8. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

More money for Nick, the less of a chance he goes to the NFL, IMHO. Cha-ching !

9. friday

friday Founding Member

nick, you're supposed to be coaching.

you guys are hysterical. surprised/shocked that saban is sponsoring a group of ford dealerships - commericals and all? so what? is there something wrong with this? got news for you - go to any local hotel college town, turn the tube on and I'm sure you'll see the head footabll or BB coach hawking something to the locals. that's our society. people respect and listen to (most of!) sports coaches. doing a few commericals and walking around with a ford cap once a month ain't gonna lose any games for the tigers. get over it.

btw - the more money he makes in baton rouge, the more the NFL will have to ante. it's a good thing.

10. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

You'd be crazy if you thought Nick actually paid for his car. That's all part of the package. A little extra jack, that's what he is getting from the dealers.